Thirteen. (2021 Update - Small Edit.)

Thirteen.

Early Monday morning, I walked into the classroom, a cup of coffee in one hand and a backpack full of packets in the other. The students were as lively as ever, chatting with one another. At the same time, I still suffered from my headache from the weekend of my ascension. The dull throb had made it almost impossible for me to get up this morning, but after having an internal battle with myself, and downing nearly an entire bottle of painkillers, I had still managed to get up and come to work. 

"Whoa, Rome. You look like crap," A voice called for my attention. Stopping in my tracks, I turned around and looked at the classroom door to find Sabine standing there. A dark smile on her lips as she stepped into the room. My body tensed as my eyes darted towards Levi, and Cosima, who had taken note of the change of my body. I stepped back, bowed my head, and forced back all of my fear. Why would she even make an appearance when she knew Matt had the seekers hunting her down? 

"Oracle Sabine. It's a pleasure," I simply stated as I stepped back, keeping my eyes on her as I set my cup of coffee on the table and then put my backpack on the ground. By now, the entire class had fallen into silence. It was rare for our race to meet or even see an Oracle. While I knew many Oracle's, these students may have never seen or met one until now. Sabine gave me a dark smile as she stepped further into the room. 

Her movement caused a spike of fear to fly through my entire body as goosebumps covered my whole body. Calm down, Rome. The girls can feel this. I ordered myself, but the fear had been decisive. Stepping back, I forced myself to sit down before I could fall to my knees in fear. My eyes kept a hold on Sabine as she continued to step closer. Her heels clicked against the wood flooring of the classroom. 

My eyes roamed over her body, taking in her human vessel. The only human vessel that had been able to hold her without showing signs of decay correctly. I took note that she was dressed as though she was the CEO of a company. She wore a simple, black pencil skirt, black heels, a white button-up with the two top buttons undone, and her black hair cascaded over her left shoulder. Her lips were painted a deep red that matched well with her dark skin. 

"I heard you had been teaching here. I wanted to check in on an old friend of mine, especially after an unplanned event. I hope things are okay with you," Sabine gave an innocent smile as she leaned in, invading my personal space. Her full lips pulled into a large grin as she placed her fingers under my chin in what failed to be a tempting manner. In response to her touch, my body recoiled in disgust as I stood up from my seat and pulled the backpack with me. Walking towards the island in the classroom, I began to pull out the packets and gestured towards a few students to come and pass them out. 

The students quickly got up from their seats and made their way to the island as I promptly placed the packets in several piles for each of them to grab. I allowed my eyes to dart towards Sabine, who had calmly sat herself down in my chair. Her legs crossed at the knees, and her arms crossed over her chest. She had leaned back in my chair, watching me, taking in the way I did things. Before the recent discovery of the events that had happened, Sabine and I had been friends. Great friends. Forcing my attention back on the students, I cleared my throat - still fighting back the fear - and reached for the expo marker. 

"Today, we're going to go over the different races of werewolves," I paused and turned around to face the whiteboard and wrote down the page number of the packets that had the information I was going to teach and go over, "Usually, we all believe that we only have a single race, but we don't. In our society, we have a total of five. These five races are Shifters - a race that I am. Then, we have the tainted blood - which most of you are. Then, there are the Hybrids, Lycans, and Spirit Wolves."