Wake Up!

Chapter 11

¨Ryan!!! Please wake up, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, please wake up.¨ Libby is now patting his face trying to get him to wake up. ¨He's not going to¨ Taylor says in disappointment, ¨He's dead.¨ Libby shouts, ¨NO HE'S NOT!! WE HAVE TO HELP HIM!!!¨ Taylor scoots over to Ryan's body and checks his pulse, ¨He's not coming back.¨ Libby puts her forehead on his unbreathing chest and sobs, ¨Please Ryan, come back to me.¨ Taylor goes back to Katie's motionless body. ¨We need to keep moving.¨ Taylor concludes. Libby looks up at her in disgust, ¨We can't just leave him here! He's still going to survive. He will come back to me-¨ Taylor interrupts, ¨HE'S NOT COMING BACK LIBBY! HE'S DEAD!¨

Taylor starts crying, ¨he's dead, stop pretending he's still here. Libby looks over at Katie, ¨So you're just going to leave her here too?¨ Taylor stands up, dusts off her pants looks at Libby and says, ¨Lets go. We have to keep moving.¨ And turns around and starts to walk away when Libby stands up and says, ¨Have fun because I am not leaving them.¨ Taylor furrows her eyebrows, ¨Quit being stupid, we need to go.¨ Libby looks at the two bodies and says,¨ I am staying here. Leave without me.¨ Libby takes off the backpack full of food and stretches her hand out and says, ¨Be safe.¨ They have a moment of silence as Taylor takes the backpack and says, ¨Good luck with them.¨ And turns away and walks into the ever approaching fog of dust.

Libby turns around and starts patting Ryan on the face and quietly chants, ¨Ryan, please. Please wake up. Come back to me... I... I love you.¨ Ryan lies there expressionless as Libby lies down next to him and puts her arm around his body. It's slowly turning colder and colder by the minute. Libby starts to fall asleep in his arms, for the last time. She dozes off into slumberland and dreams of the first, and last time they kissed. She wishes he was there to comfort her in his arms. She will never get to see his milk brown sparkling eyes. When Libby fell asleep knowing this was the last time she was ever going to be with him, her brain signaled her into a nightmare. She lost her love, she don't like to admit it, but Libby loved Ryan, with all her heart. Now she will never get to feel the touch of his skin on hers, she will never feel his lips upon hers ever again.

Libby starts sobbing quietly in her dream. She remembers all the little details of what she misses of him. She gets cold and starts shivering and wakes up to a weird noise, or what she thought was a noise. As her eyes break open she feels movement, like the building she was in was falling down around her.

She sees a gas flow into the space around her, what is it that is now making her see double? Out of the smoke and dust, she sees two bodies approaching her. Libby suddenly feels scared. As Libby's vision is slowly getting fuzzier and fuzzier, she clings onto Ryan's body, ¨Ryan, help me. Please.¨ As he lays still, she hugs him as tight as she can, but her strength feels like it is growing weaker with every passing second. Like she is getting drained. The last thing Libby hears was a ringing in her ears and mumbling of a man's voice. Soon everything went black. No Movement, no sound. The silence had finally caught up to Libby.