Chapter 2

Warning if you have not watched up to episode 157 of Naruto Shippuden DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS STORY!!

Also I am not very good at writing fight scenes so please try and bear with me :P I am also writing some slow chapters because there is a lot of information I need to add and I really want you guys to see the process of Hotaru's relationships with some of the Shinobi of the village. :) I hope you enjoy!!

"Hotaru! Wake up! Hotaru it's 7:25!" My eyes open and I yelp in surprise to see Kakashi standing directly over me.

"You only have half an hour to get to the training ground so I packed you a bento box." He says kindly. I slowly slip out of the sleeping bag and stand up taking the box from him.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot yesterday and I haven't been the most gracious of hosts so I made you the box." He says hesitantly. I stare at the box and then give him a kind smile.

"Thank you!" I say and bow, his face goes red with embarassment.

"But I have no idea where Training Ground 7 is and I don't want to be late for the test." I say quickly and his eye goes wide.

"Oh I forgot! Come on! I will show you the way there." He says then walks out of the room.

I look in the mirror to my left and gasp at the girl I see. Her hair is matted and tangled and she has dried mud all over her face and on her knees.

I walk to the bathroom abd wash my face off with water and my hands. I look on the counter and see my brush... Did he go through my things? I brush it off (No pun intended lol) and brush out the knots from my hair then pull my hair into a ponytail but I leave my side bang alone. I will need to shower when we get back. I head out the door and see Kakashi waiting for me.

He takes in my appearance with a wide eye and I feel heat rise to my cheeks from his intense stare.

"Well that certainly looks a lot better then yesterday." He says and we start walking to the training ground.

"Did you go through my stuff last night?" I ask calmy but in the inside I am screaming.

"I had to it was the Hokage's orders. But don't worry everything checked out and nothing had to be confiscated." He says with a closed eye smile.

Hmm... He is certainly more laidback today... What did he find in my bag that made his behaviour change?

"You saw it didn't you? The photo of the Mizukage and I." I say with no emotion.

"Yes. Because of that I am not as suspicious of you. The Mizukage is a very good judge of character and from what I could see she likes you. Was the man in the picture the one who trained you?" He says the last part hesitantly. Does he know him?

"Yes... He was my best friend and my Sensei." I say sadly.

"Wow it must have been a great honour to train under the great Yoite Matsuoka. I had the honour of meeting him once. He is known as an S-rank Shinobi giving him legendary status." Kakashi says sincerely and I give him a small smile.

We reach the training grounds and I smile and bow politely to the Hokage.

"Hotaru Kinimachi! Today we will be testing your abilities to decide what ninja rank to give you. There will be no death blows, your opponent will be Kakashi Hatake!!" She yells and the both of us nod and face each other.

"Begin!" She yells and jumps back about 100 feet away to watch from a safe distance.

I unsheath my sword and I allow my wind and lightning chakra to flow through the blade. I smirk when I see Kakashi's eyebrow rise.