The Results

"I'm sorry but..." My heart dropped. "There's not much more we can do for her. she's been declared brain dead and in my professional opinion I would get ready to say my goodbyes." I was trying so hard to hold it in until I spotted Mama sheila coming my way. "I'm sorry" he added and walked back towards the er desk. I felt light headed and the room started spinning. I started reaching for something to hold my balance. So that's it? She's gone just like that I thought to myself. The stuff I said to her I didn't mean it I swear. I was just mad at her. She knew I loved her. She knew that right. That's the question that kept replaying in my mind. She really can't do this. What about Layla? What about me? All this time she's been trying to make me understand and I just kept pushing her off and now she may not... no she's not going to wake up!

"It's ok baby let it out." I felt her wrap her arms around me and the tears came pouring out. "She..She.. She's gone?" I managed to say through my sobs. She didn't answer me just kept rubbing my back as I cried on her shoulder. Nobody said anything for a few minutes. "She loved you so much." She said not letting go. I felt some of her tears hit my shirt as I heard her began to weep. "Mama Sheila She's gonna wake up right? There's still hope right?" She just remained silent. I got the hint. This was it.

We both remained silent for a few minutes just staring blankly at the wall. A million thoughts ran through my head. A million questions about what to do now. Who was going to raise Layla? Was it all on me now? Then it hit me. Who was going to even tell her? Angelo? Nah she didn't know him like that? What about Mama Sheila? Maybe... But I knew it had to be me. After I got myself together enough to see straight I got up from the seat and made my way toward the desk. "May I go in to see Layla Perez please?" The lady looked up from the computer. "Are you family?" "Yes ma'am. My sister" she typed I'm guessing Layla's name into the computer and then handed me a badge. "Room 543 Take as long as you need." From the way she looked at me with the sorrow eyes I knew she must of known about mom. The walk down that hallway felt long and cold. I saw the doctors in the hallway but everything seemed to be playing in slow motion. The people, the rooms, the words everything seemed like it was different. I began to think about the time mom took me take your child to work day and I got to shadow her for a little even though I could only walk the hallways when she was with me and we never really saw any patients for a day i felt like a nurse. I felt like my mom and that was a feeling that I wont ever feel again.

As I got to closer to the door the more sad I got. How do you look your little sister in the face and tell her moms not coming back? How do I do this? When I finally reached the door I couldn't make myself go in. I inched close and then backed away. She deserves to hear this from you. Come on Ri I kept thinking. I didn't realize how long I'd been standing there until I heard a familiar voice speak from behind me.
" Want me to go in with you?" I looked up at August with tears starting to form in my eyes again. I felt them began to burn as i tried to hold them back. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I just grabbed on to him and sobbed silently. "Shhhh I know." He said wrapping his arms around me and holding me tight. "I can't do this" I whispered. "You don't have to right now. Let her rest. Then tomorrow well take it a step at a time." I nodded. I Didn't have the strength to deal with it right now. I couldn't even grasp my mind around it. "I wanna spend the night here though. I can't just leave her...again" I managed to choke up "I'm stayin too then." "Aug you..." He cut me off "I'm staying" We both stayed quiet. I knew he didn't know what to say and I didn't have much to say. Once I felt ready I got up and opened the door. Beep...beep...beep I heard the machine go. She looked so peaceful. She didn't look as if when she woke up her world would be forever changed.

I took the seat next to her and held on to her hand. "Hey" I said quietly. "So I know I haven't been there at all recently and I know you maybe felt like I stopped caring or didn't love you anymore but that's not true. I love you so much and if i could switch places with you right now i would. Im so sorry Layla. I shouldn't have left the way i did...But I need you to know that I'm never leaving you again. I promise you that! I'm here ok. I'm here and I need you to do me one favor. Can you do that? I need you to get better. I need you come invade my room and make me play stupid Barbie games. I need you Layla. You hear me? I need you!" A tear fell onto her bed as I looked up at August

"Do you think she heard me?" He smiled. "Yeah I think she did"

I turned back to her and just watched. "It's just me and you kid. It's just me and you"

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG! IM GOING TO TRY AND UPDATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK NOW THAT ITS SUMMER!

You know the drill!

LOVE Y'ALL
- Libra XOXO