Amerie Part 2

"Your mom and Layla had an accident."

No. No. No. I slid down the wall as the tears just started flowing. "What hospital?" Nothing could happen to them. "Edward Brown." His words echoed through my head as I went back and grabbed my things."Your mom and Layla had an accident".

I went through my backpack to grab my keys but realized I didn't drive this morning August did. Shit! Think Ri think. I could catch the bus. It was only a 10 minute bus ride but I couldn't just sit around and wait. Finally I decided to walk home and get my car. I started walking and I heard him call my name. I just kept walking though. I could hear his footsteps get closer and closer. "Yo you can't wait for a nigga?" "I ain't got time for this I need to get somewhere NOW." He just looked for a second. "Let me give you ride." I looked at him. "I ain't time for jokes. You serious?" "Yeah come on" he started toward the car. He unlocked it and I slid in the passenger seat. "Where to?" "Edward Brown" sliding back into the seat I just looked out the window the entire ride. "Hey." he tapped my thigh to get my attention. "What?" "I'm here, if you need me." I just huffed as we pulled up near the entrance of the hospital. "Thanks." I said hopping out "for everything" I added and slammed the door. I ran to the front desk. "Layla and Joyce Perez?" "Are you family?" "Yes" She checked through her files and nodded. "Well there is no update in our system but the doctor will be with you shortly. Please take a seat in the watiing room." " You can't tell me anything?" I pleaded. "No I'm sorry sweetie, the doctor will be out shortly."

Defeated I walked to the waiting room and slunk down in one the chairs. I swear to god if something happens to either one of them.. I kept checking the clock 10 minutes passed then 20 then 45 and then an hour. I was getting hungry but I couldn't eat so I was just gone get a drink. I checked my pockets and nothing and I had left my backpack in Antonio's car. An hour and 15. Where the hell was this doctor. I kept telling myself everything would be ok but what if it wasn't. What if I had spent these 3 weeks avoiding all her calls and the last words I said to my mother. The women who had been there sinced day 1, was my best friend, my biggest supporter is. I couldn't even bring myself to think it. "Here" Angelo said handing me a water. "Where have you been!" "I went to clear my mind for a minute" "What happend?" i asked my voice cracking as tears  began to fall. "All the police told me was she was on the interstate when a car lost control and swiped them off the road." "No information about them?" he shook his head no. "I called you a few times where is your phone." "I left it in a friends car." We continued to wait for another 2 hours. Nobody talking. After a while i just broke down. "Shh It's ok. They're going to be ok." He rubbed my back as I continued to cry. "What if it's not" I whimpered. He just rubbed my head. They couldn't leave not this way. This was my family. The only family I knew. From time to time I would catch him wiping a few falling tears. Everytime we heard footsteps we looked up. 

Finally after 5 hours we heard the words we'd been waiting for. "Perez?" We both wiped our tears and rushed over to him. "Are they okay?" Angelo blurted out before the doctor say anything. It was the way he looked down and motioned for us to come to the side with him that told me everything was NOT okay. 

He took a deep breath and finally answered."Layla is in intensive care. She had some internal bleeding but we're monitioring it closely. She's doing fine now though." "And my mom?" I said impatiently.

"I'm sorry but Joyce.."

COMMENT! VOTE! SHARE!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

LOVE Y'ALL

-LIBRA XOXO