Chapter One: An Unexpected Encounter

"Here's your order, ladies," the server said with a smile as he flashed his pearly whites.

"Thank you so much," Grace said as he gave her our order. It was just a simple order, 3 cheese burgers and fries. And of course three cups of our favourite drink, cherry cola.

Grace quickly gave each of us our part of the order. Soon we were all chowing down on our meal. Normally we don't eat out but this was a special occasion. We were celebrating Sarah's 26th birthday. Larry's Burger Shack is her favourite restaurant, so it was no surprise when she asked if we could go eat there. She says the food is the best, but between you and me, I think she just has a crush on the cute waiter who served us earlier. Something she has been trying to hide for the past six months to no avail..

"So Sarah, when are you going to ask him out?" Grace asked mischievously. Sarah nearly choked on her bite when she heard that. She had to keep pounding her chest while taking a sip of her drink. We all just laughed, as she regained her composure.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sarah said with a straight face, though she was most certainly blushing.

"Oh come on, don't lie. We all know the REAL reason why you love this restaurant," Grace teased as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yea, because of the food. Oh did you see.." Sarah said before she was cut off.

"First of all, don't lie. We have all been best friends since the beginning of high school so don't even. Second of all, don't change the subject, lovebird." Grace scolded with a smile.

"Fine.... Yes, I do like the waiter. Happy?" Sarah admitted sheepishly.

"Very," Grace said with a mischievous grin as she laid back in her chair. I just sat there as I watched both my friends tease each other with some interest. We had always been like this since we were freshmen in high school, it's nice to see that some things never change.

"Oh waiter!" Grace called out as she grinned mischievously. As soon as Sarah saw her grin, she knew immediately what Grace was up to.

"Shhh!" Sarah whispered urgently.

"Oh waiter," Grace said as she called over the waiter. When he walked over Sarah was leaning over the table and covering Grace's mouth. She was making the situation more embarrassing by the minute.

"Yes, ladies?" he asked us with a bemused look on his face.

"Oh nothing, my friend was playing a cruel joke. Forgive us," Sarah told him as she desperately tried to keep her composure..

"Oh really?" He asked with a sly smile. I smiled as I wondered how she was going to save herself this time. She always had a penchant for getting into interesting situations and every single time, they always seem to end in her favour.

"Uh yea, so again please forgive us," Sarah told him with her hand still over Grace's mouth. I locked eyes with Grace and she raised her eyebrows up and down cheekily. Now this was just starting to get interesting.

"Are you sure?" He asked with a smile on his face. And this was the time that Grace decided to release her secret weapon. Immediately Sarah's face changed from embarrassment to disgust. I knew what Grace was doing, she was licking Sarah's hand just to make this situation more uncomfortable. Almost as soon as it had happen Sarah regained her composure.

"Yes, I am pretty sure we are fine, sorry again," she apologized.

"Okay but because of this I am adding an extra amount of money on your bill for annoying me," he explained as he walked away. As soon as his back was turned Sarah pulled her hand away from Grace and wiped it on her clothes.