Chapter 6: Just A Dream

I blinked a few times as I opened my heavy eyelids. It took me a minute to figure out where I was, only to realize that I was at home. I must have fallen asleep while watching TV. I could see Sarah sleeping on the other couch. I furrowed my eyebrows when I began to realize that I had fallen asleep on someone. I shot up and immediately relaxed when I saw that I had fallen asleep on Aaron.

He chuckled when he saw that I had woken up and freaked out a little. His blue eyes studied me intently like I was a new specimen that he had never seen before. They quickly flickered to Sarah then back to me. His hand stroked my cheek as he leaned in. Our lips were a mere centimeters apart when I blurted out, "Were you watching me while I slept?"

He chuckled as he pulled away, "Of course that's what you ask me right before I was about to kiss you."

"But you're not denying it, are you?" I asked with a smile as I poked him in the side. He responded by pulling my arm so I was suddenly on his chest.

"I don't think it really matters, does it?" He leaned down until our foreheads were touching. He turned his head slightly and let our noses touch.

"Umm, I uh..." I tried to respond but for some reason I couldn't talk.

"Shh," he cooed and he went for it. Right before our lips touched, I heard a whistle from the other side of the room so we both looked at the source of the whistle. Sarah was sitting upright on the other couch with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Please, by all means continue." She said as she made the "go ahead" gesture with her hand.

"Well, she did say we could continue." He said as he moved my head so both our eyes were staring directly into each other.

"By all means, kiss another random person." Sarah said. He stopped leaning forward and looked at me quizzically before moving away. Sensing that it now got really awkward I got off him and sat back down on the other side of the couch.

"You'll never let that go, will you?" I asked solemnly as I looked down. I was almost positive that she would never let it go. She never really let these kinds of things go; she was so much like my mother that it often drove me up the wall and through the roof.

"Nope," she responded as she made sure to pop her 'p'.

"It was one time," I glared at her. Aaron got up and shifted his feet awkwardly. It was obvious that he wasn't quite sure what to think and how to handle this situation.

"I think I should go home now," he said shyly as he looked at the clock. It read 12:06 a.m. He picked up his jacket from the couch and started walking through the kitchen to get to the front door.

"Look what you've done. Come on!" I hissed at her. It was one kiss and that was it. It was also none of her business if I kissed a random stranger or not.

"What? I was just having a little fun," she replied with a sly smile. Shaking my head, I pushed her onto the couch as I walked towards the front door. I could hear her laughing as I crossed through the kitchen.

I was able to open the open the door for him right as he arrived at the front door. He looked at me awkwardly like he wasn't quite sure what to say. I closed the door behind me once he was outside so that I could walk him to his car without a certain prying eyes...

"Hey, I'm sorry about what Sarah said. She shouldn't have blurted that out." I said as I shifted my feet. Apologizing wasn't something that I usually do.

"It's okay, it happens." He replies chuckling as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah..." I trailed off as I realized that he was staring at me. Soon we were both staring at each other. It was like this intense staring contests where neither one of us wanted to look away nor "lose".

We both ended up losing because Sarah pulled open the door really fast and yelled "No making out on the front porch!" before slamming the door. I just kind of stared at the door for a few minutes. I couldn't believe that she did that, like seriously. I thought I talked to her about this!

"You know what?' He asked as he stepped a little closer to me with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked as I stepped back. We ended up going back and forth; where he'd take a step forward and I'd take a step backward until I was up against one of the poles.

"That's not a bad idea," he replied with a smirk as he leaned his head down so that our lips were only two centimeters apart.

THUMP! Both our heads jerked to the window where long and behold Sarah was pushed up against it with this really weird grin on her face.

"Oh my god..." I responded. As much as I liked her, this was seriously getting on my nerves especially when "I was about to kiss a really hot guy!" I quickly put my hand over my mouth in shock. I couldn't believe I had just said that.

I turned towards Aaron and he was wearing this smug face. "So, you think I'm hot?" He asked as he wiggled his eyebrows up and down while smirking.

"You wish," I scoffed as I wiggled out of his grip and quickly walked towards his car. It stuck out like a sore thumb. Well I suppose any red car would stick out a lot if it was parked in a drab neighborhood.

"She keeps interrupting you kissing a hot guy apparently," he laughs as he catches his breath.

"Me kiss a hot guy? I wish," I responded as I rolled my eyes.

"Really?" He asked with a cheeky look in his eyes. He started slowly taking steps towards me,

"Well, I mean like who wouldn't?"

"I don't know," he chuckled as he put his arms on either side of me. "Certainly not you," he whispered as he kissed my forehead.

"No, certainly not me." I whispered as he kissed me. I put my arms around his neck as I deepened the kiss. Pulling away, I rested my head on his shoulder as he held me. His cologne made him smell like an angel and I felt like I was soaring over the clouds.

Suddenly I was jolted awake by someone shaking me. Sarah looked at me with an annoyed expression as she shook her head. I looked around and realized that I had fallen asleep on my bed after I had gotten dressed. My eyes widened when I realized that everything that I thought had occurred with Aaron today was all just a dream...

I hope you enjoyed chapter 6. Please remember to vote and comment. I would love to hear your opinions on it so far.