Chapter 8: Never Ending Surprises

I closed my eyes as our heads got closer. I expected his lips to touch mine but they never did.. I opened them and saw that he wasn't paying attention to me anymore. He stared out at the big glass window as if he was having a stare down with someone and by no means was it a friendly staredown.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked timidly as I felt my cheeks slightly redden. I couldn't believe that I made a fool of myself in front of him. Well then again, I tend to make a fool out of myself a lot, so I suppose it wasn't really surprising that I did that. I mean come on, I run into brick walls.

"Yeah... I'm okay.." He muttered distractedly as he continued to stare out at the window. His eyebrows furrowed together before he quickly pulled me towards him. I just stood there in shock as he stroked my hair, his eyes were glued to the window.

"You sure? Because you don't seem like it," I replied as I tried to wrestle out of his grip. My futile attempts to extract myself out of his arms only resulted in him holding onto me tighter.

"We need to leave now," Aaron told me as he dragged me towards the emergency exit.

"What are you talking about? What's wrong?!?" I asked as I tried to keep up with him. I tried to see what he had been staring at but it was to no avail.

Turning around, he grabbed hold of my arms and looked straight into my eyes. "Ella, do you trust me?" His words were laced with worry, obviously, something was very very wrong.

"Yes, I do trust you," I replied after a moment's hesitation. I mean I did trust him but I still wanted answers. I'm not going to be dragged along like a puppet but I was in no position to demand answers.

"Good," he replied as he pulled me with him as he exited through the door. As soon as we were clear of the door, he took off in a run. I tried to keep up with him but running in heels kind of makes you a bit slow.

"Slow down, let me take off my heels first!" I protested as I tried to keep up with him. In a flash, I was suddenly in his arms bridal style as he continued to run. He didn't seem to slow down, it was almost like he was going faster now that I was in his arms.

The buildings around us soon became a blur, I couldn't keep focusing on anything. I was beginning to feel woozy, was I drugged? "I feel a bit woozy," I drawled as I tried to focus on his face. My head slumped against his chest as I lost consciousness.

When I regained consciousness, I was in a familiar bedroom. The same bedroom where I had awoken less than a month ago. I sighed, I have a feeling my life will be a lot more adventurous from now on, whether or not I want it to be..

Knowing that I was safe, I snuggled deeper into the blankets when I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist. I yelped in shock and quickly tried to jump out of bed but the arm around my waist wouldn't let me move an inch. Turning myself around, my face was mere inches away from Aaron's face. His bright blue eyes studied my face for a minute before bringing me right up against him, my face was buried in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry about last night but I had to get you out of there.." He apologized as he played with my hair.

"Why?" I asked as I lifted my head up.

"Because someone I know was watching us. He is not someone you want in close proximity. I didn't want him to hurt you..." He replied thoughtfully though there seemed to be another motive at hand.

"Why would he want to hurt me?" I asked in confusion. I'm like the definition of boring, I feel like I'd be the opposite of a good target.

"Because he knows I care about you.." He whispered as his fingers traced my jawline. He quickly noticed that I didn't seem to be focusing on his eyes anymore, a smirk appeared on his face when he saw where my eyes were lingering. "Hmm, am I really that distracting?" He smirked as he moved a piece of hair out of my face.