Chapter 3: An Unwelcome Visitor

"Hmm.." I said as I was deeply in thought.

"I'll give you a hint. It starts with a .." He tried to tell me before I quickly cut him off. If someone asks me to guess then I will guess, don't ever try to give me hints or I'll make you regret it.

"Don't even think about it! I want to guess without any hints," I told him as I sat up and leaned forward, pointing my finger at him cheekily.

"Fine. Whatever you want," he told me as he raised his hands up in surrender. As he got up to clean the dishes, I sat in thought trying to figure out his name. Maybe it was Bob? No, that wouldn't be right.. But it'd be downright funny.. Hmm...

"Have you figured it out yet?" he asked as he sat back down at the table after finishing the dishes.

"Hmmm," I said. "Is your name Bob by any chance?"

"Yes, my name is totally Bob," he replied sarcastically with his eyebrow raised as if he was saying 'really?'.

"Really?" I asked in mock surprise with my hand over my mouth.

"No, goofball," he laughed. "My name starts with an 'A.'"

"I told you no hints.." I whined as I buried my face in my hands. Using this time to think, I came up with a short list of names that started with 'A': Alex, Aiden, Adam, Arthur, Austin , and Aaron. Bring my head back up again, I studied him closely. From his blue eyes to his chiseled chin. Then it hit me! I knew what his name was!!

"Your name is Alex," I said with utter most confidence.

"Nope," he chuckled.

"Seriously?? Fine, I give up," I said as I raise my hands in mock surrender.

He chuckled and leaned back in his chair. "My name is Aaron, Aaron Jones."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Aaron. My name is Ella." I said.

His face soften when he heard my name and he smiled. "It's a perfect name for a beautiful lady like yourself," he said.

"Thank you," I replied as my cheeks reddened. Looking up at the clock I realized that work started in three hours and I needed to get ready. Oh, and I forgot to feed my dog!! Suddenly standing up, I turned to him and said "I'm so sorry but work starts in a few hours and I need to get ready. I also haven't fed my dog Sandy yet and she's probably starving right now."

"It's okay, I totally understand. I'm sorry for keeping you so long. Just head up the stairs and take a left. The door to the street should be the second door to the right," He told me as he pointed up the stairs. Thanking him, I hurried up the stairs and followed his directions. I managed to find the door no problems. The portraits still seemed creepy, needless to say I was happy to be out of their searing gazes.

After finding the door, I took one look behind me and shouted "Thank you for everything!" before going outside. It was a bit chilly so I pulled my coat tighter so my whole body was covered as I started walking down the street. To my surprise his house was only a few blocks from mine. As I walked home I noticed that there were puddles everywhere and the bushes were all wet. I guess it rained while I was asleep last night. Every step I took was in a puddle of water.. Lovely... It was still pretty early in the morning so the streets weren't really busy. Before I knew it, I was right in front of my house.

It was a two story house that I shared with Sarah. So I guess technically it's not my house but more of our house.. But who cares, I'm sure she won't care too much if I call it my house, hopefully..