Chapter 5: A Secret Admirer

At first I was taken back by his actions, I didn't know what I should do. Like there isn't a book on "What happens when the man who saved your dog gives you a quick kiss." Then he pulled away and looked at me, his hand caressed my cheek as my eyelids became heavy. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead before he disappeared into the night. Cliché I know but I can't control what he does. I should just name him Cliché man.

I just stood there in shock, wondering what the heck just happened. Who in the world was he? As I tried to wrap my brain around what had transpired, I felt a wet nose nudge my hand. I looked down and saw Sandy staring at me with her big puppy dog eyes. I also noticed that my pants were covered in black dog hair because of her... Just lovely.. But I was honestly just glad that she was home, safe and sound.

I suddenly realized how tired I was and crawled back into bed. With a few quick taps on the blankets with my hand, Sandy jumped onto the bed and laid right next to me. I put my arm around her and I swore that I would never let Tom touch her again. No one messes with my dog and gets away with it.

The next morning I was so ungraciously woken up by someone jumping straight on top of me and shaking me awake.

"Ella! Ella! ELLLLA!! Wake up!!!" Sarah shouted.

"What?!?" I yelled, obviously still tired. I wasn't a morning person usually, I'm like a hibernating bear every morning.

"Sandy's back!!!" She squealed excitedly. I could see her eyes looked watery and I knew that she loved Sandy almost as much as I did.

"I know, I got her back last night."

"YOU got her back?!? No way!"

"No, I didn't go and get her. Someone brought her here," I said as I tried to explain the whole story to her. It took about an hour to explain everything. She kept interrupting me and then chastising me for my actions. Honestly, I can't help what I do when I'm tired.

"So you just let this random stranger kiss you?" she asked in disbelief.

"I was tired, okay? Plus, he just brought Sandy back to me," I tried to explain.

"And you nicknamed him Cliché man?"

"Um, yeah? Don't tell me you have a better idea of what to call him.."

"Sometimes I seriously wonder about you. How are you gonna make good decisions by yourself? Heck, you let a strange man who woke you up because he was on our roof trying to get your attention. Hmm, that would sure make some alarms go off in my head." She scolded.

"But he brought Sandy back! Plus I was REALLY tried."

"Whatever, I guess all that matters is that Sandy is back safe and sound," Sarah replied as she opened the front door to get the mail. "Oh my gosh!!!"

"What?" I asked as I walked over to the front door to see what she was squealing about. Right on our "Go Away" mat was a bouquet of dark red roses. Sarah picked it up and fiddled with the tag on it. After a few minutes she looked at me with a sly smirk on her face.

"Cliché man most definitely lives up to his name!"

"What? Those are for me?" I ask in shock.

"Yeah, it's so adorable," Sarah cooed as she handed me the bouquet. I looked closely at the tag/card left with it and read it slowly as I tried to process everything.

"Dear Ella, it was so lovely to see you last night. I hope our kiss last night was a sign that there are many more to come. Until next time - Atlas"

I blushed slightly after I read it. I knew that I barely knew him, heck I didn't even know what he looked like! But the gesture was sweet and romantic. A smile appeared on my face as I put the bouquet on the table. The red roses were a stark contrast to the marble table. Our dining room wasn't much, so the roses really stood out.

I dragged my feet to the kitchen, finally realizing how tired I was, I decided that since it was Saturday; I was gonna be lazy and have cereal. As I practically shoveled the cereal into my mouth, my thoughts were preoccupied by my "secret admirer". Who was he? How did he even know about Sandy being missing?

"Earth to Ella, Earth to Ella," Sarah called as she waved her hand in my face.

"What?" I asked as I shook myself out of my daze.

"You fazed out and were practically eating spoonfuls of air," she chuckled. I looked down and realized that I had indeed eaten everything.

"I guess I did," I laughed as I realized how distracted I had been.

"Hey, since you and I aren't doing anything today, I was wondering if you wanted to watch the second season of Sherlock with me?"

"Heck yeah! Just let me at least get dressed," I replied as I washed my bowl. I took a quick shower before I got dressed. I decided to be kind of nerdy and wear my "I'm a high functioning sociopath, do your research" shirt. Sarah had begged me for months to come and watch Sherlock with her. I hadn't been that interested so I would always come up with an excuse.

Well one day I had been really ill so she stayed home to take care of me. I was laying on the couch in the living room when she turned on Sherlock. Of course in my condition I couldn't move to protest and I was just too tired to argue with her so I just laid there and accepted my fate, that my best friend was using my illness to force me to watch Sherlock. Before I realized it I was hooked. Within the next few days I had already bought a Sherlock shirt. You could say that I was a goner. Already a victim to its unavoidable fandom.

My pony tail swung from side to side as I quickly ran downstairs in excitement when I heard a knock on the door. Sighing, I dragged my feet as I walked over to the door and opened it. I shooked my head in shock because Aaron was standing right in front of me. How in the world did he even know where I lived?

"Hey Ella," he said with a smile.

"Hey Aaron, how the heck did you even find my place? Did you like stalk me or something? Because right now that's the only plausible thing I can think of.. Are you some sort of stalker?" I jokingly asked.

"No, no, no. Elijah told me where you lived when I bumped into him at the supermarket. Apparently he hopes that now you'll stop flirting with the customers if you have a quote on quote 'boyfriend.'" Of course! Well then Elijah, I guess I may have to plan some revenge. I might just pie him in the face and call it a night.

"Of course he did," I replied as I shook my head in amazement. Elijah was a pain sometimes but he was always there for me.

"Who's at the door? Oh..!" Sarah exclaimed as she suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I swear, she has powers or something.

"Sarah meet Aaron, Aaron this is Sarah."

"So are you gonna invite him in or what?" Sarah asks after she shakes Aaron's hand.

"Um, sure. Aaron, Sarah and I are about to start a Sherlock marathon. Would you like to join us?" I ask.

He studies my face for a moment before replying, "I assume that it's the BBC Sherlock because of your shirt."

"Yep."

"Then of course. I have only watched the first episode so.." he replied before being cut off.

Sarah and I both looked at each other before replying, "Then prepare to become hooked as he stepped inside. Needless to say we watched all three series (seasons) that day. We all ended up falling asleep on the couch after the last episode of series three.

Thank you for reading this. I apologize if it's not that good, I mainly wrote it as a filler. I hope you enjoyed it. Please remember to comment and vote. Thank you!