VII

Vendetta Moore

After standing alone by this damn tree and calming myself down, I head back to Lucca's house. Thankfully I wasn't far, so I made it back fairly quickly. As soon as I stepped inside, I was relieved that I could not smell Lucy in the house anymore. Thankfully, Lucca was also no where to be seen either. I took the oppurtunity to run up the stairs and into the bedroom that was given to me for the time being. 

As soon as I shut my door, I flopped on the bed. Face first into my pillows. I felt like a little school girl. Giddy over a boy! This wasn't me. I was an assassin for heaven's sake! Someone who has killed hundreds of people over my 21 years of living. Why couldn't I go through with this one? What made him so different?

Because he is your mate, and whether you like it or not, you care for him. Grim speaks, still in a daze from basically dry humping our mate on a tree earlier. 

Could I really be getting feelings for this man? This childish, stubborn Alpha male? I thought back to the first time I saw him, in the field with his warriors. He was percise and stern, no sign of emotion except pride for his pack members during their training. He stood tall, commanding the respect and attention of everyone near by. Just like any Alpha should. So why did he act like a total moron around me?! It frustrates me to no end. I do not understand him at all. 

But then I remember what my parents told me so long ago, that you will always be your truest self around your mate. Its instict. I sigh in frustration, I usually always know what to do, what to say. But right now its like I am at a loss of words. It is like I do not even know who I am anymore.

Vendetta Moore is something to fear, not some love sick puppy! I groan as I flip over on the bed, now laying on my back and staring straight at the ceiling. I wish there was a way to know what to do. Every moment that passes, I feel myself starting to want him. Not just sexually, but completely. Is this just the mate bond? Or is Lucca just that damn charming that he can make me start to feel something? 

Ven, I think you're missing the point. Being with your mate does not make you any less powerful. If anything, it would make you stronger. Grim says, obviously annoyed with the inner turmoil I am making us feel. If she had it her way, she would have already jumped Lucca's bones on the training field. 

True. I roll my eyes at my wolf. 

Ok Grim, then what about Boss? What about everything he has done for us? If we choose Lucca, we would lose so much in return. I try to reason with her, trying to get her to see anything else but our mate.

Are you really going to question the Moon Goddess? Are you really going to put Boss' teachings over hers? Boss may have made us who we are today, but we do not owe him anything for it. He might like to think so, but even you have to admit Boss is not the typical leader. He is corrupt and cruel...  And I am worried if we keep going down this path, we will end up the same way. 

I don't answer, just letting the thoughts stir inside my mind. I feel my eyelids getting heavy as I lay here. I eventaully succumb to sleep, last thing on my mind is a pair of dazzling green eyes. 

---

Lucca throws me up against the wall as soon as the door to my bedroom shuts, his mouth already latched onto my neck.  He drags his hands up my waist to just under my breats, slipping his thumb under my shirt to feel the soft skin underneath. A shiver runs through me as he does this, the sparks and tingles running through out my whole body setting me aflame. The feeling of his hands on me alone have me moaning. 

"Lucca, please..." I sigh, relishing in the feeling of my mate. Lucca trails open mouth wet kisses down my neck to my mark, sucking and biting slightly. A gasp escapes my lips as I buck my hips towards him. Anything to just feel some fricition.  I throw my hands into his hair and pull slightly, something he always seem to enjoy.