VIIII

Vendetta Moore

The smell of blood and bone grows stronger as I near the edge of the forest, no doubt getting closer to the rouges and their idiotic attempt to attack this pack. It is common knowledge that Alpha Lucca Alfonsi is a force to be reckoned with. Lucca has one of the largest packs in the world, and it is growing rapidly. Last Boss had heard, Lucca's pack consists of over 500 wolves. But that might have changed since he has recently taken claim to some smaller packs. At this rate, he for sure has the biggest pack in the Americas. So how could rogues even think they could win this battle? That they had a chance? What are they here for? 

I try to shake my head of the millions of throughts running through my head when I hear a loud, earth shaking growl. I skid to a stop at the sound of it, quickly looking in the direction it came from. By the butterflies in my stomach, I can only imagine it is Lucca. And by the sound of, he is not happy. Those damn guards must have mind linked him and let him know I escaped. 

I felt Grim whine in my head at the soud of our mate, the sound so animalistic and angry it almost had me whining, too. I stay rooted in my spot as I calm my breathing, trying to think. Lucca's growl came from way past the tree line,  and I am sure wherever he is, is where the real fight is. I huff as I sprint towards Lucca's direction. While my mate may be pissed at me, I knew it was probably best to be at his side. Especially now that he knew I was out of the house, I don't need him worrying about me and getting distracted. What if something were too happen...

I couldn't finish that thought, dread and anxiety filling me quickly as soon as it came to my mind. We might have just accepted each other only within the last hour, but I still can't picture anything happening to him. I wouldn't allow it. With newfound determination and another emotion I couldn't quite place, I pushed myself to sprit harder and faster than I have in a long time. After a few short moments, I could see the battle. Wolves of all colors and sizes clashing and fighting. Some evem in human form, but I assume those would mostly be from Lucca's pack because they are carrying weapons. Some have guns, and some even have bow and arrows. Hm, I will have to talk to Lucca about his weapons training for the pack. Maybe I could teach them a few things.

I shake my head again, now was not the time to day dream. I should have been better about it because just as I was coming out of my small distraction I was knocked over by a wolf slightly bigger than me. 

We tumbled around on the ground, both of us being knocked over due to the force of the attack. Once we fully land with a hard thud, I am quick to get back up on my feet. Rising to my full height as I get ready to put my skills to use. The rouge also gets up, shaking out his fur as he bares his teeth at me, licking his canines. No doubt trying to intimidate me but that would never work. Boss is hardly even able to intimidate me anymore. With a final snarl on their part, they charge at me. I quickly run my eyes over my opponent, trying to see if I can find any weaknesses or prior injuries. I scan the dull grey wolf and see that they are slightly limping on their back leg. Probably trying to hide it as best as they can, but not succedding. Thank the goddess I am properly trained or I for sure would have missed it. If I was still in human form, I would be smirking at how I already have the advantage and this rouge doesn't even know it. It was time for me to have some fun. 

Following suit of the rouge, I also charge at them. Their eyes widen a bit in shock at my decision then quickly narrows their eyes at me. Jumping up in the air at me, claws and teeth sharp. I wait till the last second to slide underneath the wolf as they're in the air. Quickly turning around once I am out from under them, I take hold of the injured leg into my mouth, biting down hard. The taste of blood now filling my mouth, something I was way to familiar with.

The rouge instantly falls to the ground with a loud whine, desperatley trying to get away from me. I pay no mind as I bite down again, feeling the bones cracking under my pressure. The wolf turns in my hold, snapping their teeth at me. Growls vibrating through both our chests. Not caring to play around anymore, I push the wolf back onto his stomach with my front paws, keeping my weight on his upper back so they cannot turn and fully see what is coming next. Quickly releasing the rouge's leg, I almost instantly wrap my mouth around the wolf's throat. Ripping it out before they could even try to get out from under me. The wolf's struggling stops instantly as they lay there, now lifeless. I drop whatever I currently have in my mouth and huff. More annoyed than anything. 

Running away from the now dead rouge and deeper into the battle, I see a a huge rouge knocking over and holding down one of Lucca's wolves. The rouge getting dangerously close to the pack wolf's throat. 

A snarl left me as anger I have not expierenced in a while ran through me, I pushed myself to go faster. Just barley reaching them before the rouge bit down. Once close enough, I push off my hind legs and jump. Taking the rouge's throat into my mouth and ripping as I land. The rouge lands with a thud, no longer breathing. Thats two throats ripped out within a matter of minutes. Almost a new record for me, since I usually enjoy my fighting in my human form.

Thats just karma working its magic right there. Grim says to me. I ignore her as I make eye contact with the pack wolf. Their brown eyes wide in shock as they get to their feet. They shake their fur out quickly,  the blonde fur almost brown with all the blood and dirt stuck in it. The wolf makes eye contact with me, giving me a small nodd. Thank you. I nodd my head in return and we take off in our seperate ways, continuing to help where we could.

I continue down the battle field, no longer sure how many wolves I've fought off or dodged at this point. The battle seemed to be getting bigger by the minute, rouges just shovling into the territory from the forest outside the borders. I helped when I could, did what I could for some of Lucca's wolves. But finding Lucca was my main priority at this point. Since I was marked by him, I guess I am able to feel him, somehow. I tried to focus on the bond to figure out where he is but it seemed blocked. Like it was closed off to me. I give a wolfish frown. Just when I was just going to go back to helping the pack instead of looking for Lucca, a huge pain hits me in the stomach. So large and agonizing I almost fall to the ground because of it, I shook my wolf head as another wave of pain hit me, and then another. 

How is this possible? I am not being hit with anything, and not a single wolf has been able to give me anything other than a scratch. How could I even be in this much pain... I blinked hard, ignoring the blurry spots in my vision as the pain came in waves. And then I heard it. 

"Vendetta"  His voice spoke to me. The voice that somehow always sending chills down my spine. With out a doubt in my mind, it was Lucca. He was calling me. I stood on high alert as the puzzle pieces started to come together. I don't think that was my pain, I think is was Lucca's. 

Anger like before rushes forward, but this time its even more intense. It is bubblying up inside me the more I thought about Lucca being in pain and me not knowing where he was on this damn field. There were too many wolves, too many scents. I couldn't pin point him. I felt totally and completely helpless. The anger and even pain at the thought of losing my mate began to spill over, because I could feel my blood lust rising. I could tell both Grim and myself wanted the blood of whoever was responsible for our Mate's pain. We would do whatever we could to do to save him. Unable to contain my rage and pain, I let out an earth shaking growl, just like the one Lucca gave out earlier. It was so loud that it had the wolves near me either still or on the ground whimpering. Then basically appearing from thin air, the blonde wolf I had saved from that rouge came over. Brown eyes serious and full of the same rage I seem to be feeling. The wolf angles his head and body towards in front of us, swinging his head in that same direction slightly. I take a step forwrd towards the wolf, and he takes a step in the direction he is pointing to. Follow me.

Finally getting what he wants from me, I nodd my head and they take off. I follow closely behind, almost surpassing the wolf as I continued to think about Lucca. I hoped this wolf was leading me to him, It was my only hope in finding Lucca. We sprited through the field again, my shock only getting bigger when I realized how much it kept on going. We dodged everything we could, not once slowing down for anything. By the grace of the moon goddess herself, I smelled him. it was small, but I finally smelled Lucca in the sea of wolves and blood on this damn field. Then, I saw him. 

Lucca was back in human form and completely naked. While I wish I could just stop and stare, I had other issues. His chest and stomach stained red from the blood leaking through his wounds. Huge claw marks ripped through his abdomen. To make matters worse, there was a man who I have never seen before pointing a gun at him, and Lucca was cornered. Rouges started to surround him. 

 I was filled with such blinding and inmeasurable rage that I couldn't move, couldn't hear what was going on around me. All I was focused on was getting my mate out of there safely. My eyes zeroed in on the man's finger, and how it went towards the trigger. My legs pumped on their own accord, so fast I was basically flying. Flying to save my mate.  After I reached him, everything happened so fast. All I could feel were the sparks and intense pain. Darkness came for me soon after that.