III

Vendetta Moore

I awoke with startled gasp, flinging my body upwards. I quickly drag my hand up to my neck, my throat dry and rough as I breathe heavily.

My eyes dart around the room, trying to find a a sense of familiarity. But sadly nothing is familiar here. I am in what looks to be a prision cell. It is dark and dingy, with nothing in this small space but a wooden slab for a bed and a metal toilet in the corner. The bars keeping me in no doubt made of silver, something that can be very harmful to werewolves. 

Shit.

I quickly urge my legs to move and stand but I'm wobbly. Eventually I regain my strength and balance, and scurry over to the bars that keep me inside. I ingore the burning of my skin as I grip them. I did a lot of training with silver growing up, so I am a bit more accustomed to it. The pain is bareable. 

"No!" I hiss, rage and disappointment filling me. I failed.

I loudly scream in frustration, leaning back and putting all my weight on my left leg, trying to break the bars. When my efforts seem to be nothing but futile, I back away. Running my hands through my hair that has fallen out of my perfect and silky pony tail, which no doubt by now is greasy as hell.

"No, no no no!" I mutter to myself, my rage bubbling up inside me. I kick my leg out in frustation and successfully break the wooden bed in two. 

And for some reason unknown to even the moon goddess, someone finds this amusing. Someone is in this room, watching me and laughing! I will drain them dry! 

I quickly spin my body around, no doubt my canines completely extended and pitch black eyes. I snarl at the person who is hidden in the shadows. 

"Who's there? Show yourself!" I growl, my voice so deep and thick with venomness hatred. 

"Ooo, tsk tsk. Making demands so early Miss Feisty?" A rough voice says. There is a thick accent there that I can't quite place. But I know who it is by the chills running down my back. 

Alpha Lucca Alfonsi.

My breathe hitches in my throat as the male speaks from somewhere in the dark. Instantly memories come flooding back.

His smell, getting knocked out, and the word mate coming from Lucca's mouth.

"Oh no."

"Is no the only word in your vocabulary?" He asks, coming into the light with his arms crossed.

On its own accord, my mouth drops.

Well, shit! Grim finally speaks I'm in love.

Lucca stands there smirking at me, clearly knowing that I am affected by his beauty. He is without a doubt the most strickingly beautiful man I have ever seen. He is tall, probably about 6'5". With muscles that could make anyone, man or woman, drop their pants. His hair looks like it is shorter on the sides while it being a bit longer on the top. The hair is more than likely always styled, but right now it is wet so it kind of hangs in front of his eyes a bit. Ugh, and his eyes. He has these blazing green eyes that are the color of dazzling emeralds, that are rimmed with dark and long lashes. Lucca now wears dark jeans that hug in all the right places for his long legs. He also has a long sleeve shirt on now, but it almost as if he doesn't even have it on since I can make out the shape of his amazing muscles. He is utterly and effortlessly perfect. The way his muscles rippled across his arms under this shirt were intimidating yet it completely set my body aflame with desire. Seeing His wet hair makes me think he just showered. Hmm, I wonder... No! No. Do not even go there right now Vendetta!