Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Danielle shook me until I opened my eyes. "Come on., get up. I made breakfast!" I rubbed my eyes and got up. "I invited Ell over, she's almost here." Breakfast with my two best girl friends sounded amazing right now. I couldn't imagine a better day with these two.

"Why, thank you. You didn't have to cook me anything, Dani." She smiled and got off my bed. I took in a huge whiff of something that smelled cinnamony and sweet. She had to have made french toast. "It sure does smell good. What did you make," I asked as I followed her down the stairs and to the kitchen. I saw the whole island covered in good smelling food. It was still hot and fresh too, there was steam coming off of some of the food. 

"You know what? I woke up this morning and I felt the need to make us some breakfast. Plus Ell has been worried about you. She needed to see you." Right when she finished talking there was a knock at the door and then it opened. I turned around to see Eleanor standing there with bulging eyes. 

She ran over to me and immediately touched my stomach. "Oh my goodness! Your belly has gotten so big! Oh, this makes me so happy!" I smiled at her and gave her a huge hug. 

"I missed you, Ell. I missed you both. Thank you for caring so much and thanks for coming over for breakfast." 

Ell opened her eyes wide. "Speaking of which, I'm hungry! Can we eat yet?"

Dani flashed me a grin before placing her eyes back on the island cover in food. I walked over to the corner of the counter and turned on the radio. The constant guitar strums came before Adele's voice sang through. I parted my lips and sang perfectly along with her. "There's a fire, starting in my heart. Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark." I smiled and sang the next part to Danielle. "Finally, I can see you crystal clear. Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your shit there."

Ell took a bite of her French toast sticks before commenting to me. "Girl, I've missed your singing voice. It's been too long." I made my plate, still dancing along to the beat of the song. Even though I was getting bigger and bigger, I still had my moves. My bump wasn't too big, but I knew my babies were growing and that's all that mattered. "So, have you found out your gender yet? Are they healthy?"

I stood next to Danielle and looked down at my plate. "Actually, I went while I was in Scotland. They're healthy." Eleanor didn't get it at first but when she did she jumped up and down, almost spilling her food. "I'm having a boy and a girl." 

"Oh my gosh! Sharissa, this is fantastic! Have you told Harry yet?" I shook my head. "Why not?"

"I'm waiting until they get back from tour to tell him. I figured it'd make him happier."

"Speaking of which, have you two worked things out?" Danielle was the first to ask this question, honestly, I didn't want to answer. 

I nodded my head, "Yes, we've worked it out. I told him I wouldn't be stupid anymore as long as he would come back safe." The girls smiled and I took a big bite out of the food. Danielle had made French toast sticks, pancakes, sliced some fresh apples and strawberries, made us some fresh fruit smoothies and cooked up some sausage. This was enough to feed the entire group with the boys here too and still have leftovers. 

"I'm glad you're back, Ris." I chewed my food and studied the girls who didn't look up to me. I squinted my eyes slightly and swallowed my food.

"Me too," I replied honestly. Me, too, I said to myself. I instantly felt nerves set into my system. I had no idea why I suddenly felt nervous so I pushed it aside and continued to eat. Slowly, I backed up and pulling the container of orange juice off the counter behind me. I turned around and went back to my food as I poured me a glass of juice to have along with my smoothie. That's when my phone buzzed and I grabbed it off the counter. The caller ID said Harry on it and I instantly answered. "Harry," I said cheerfully. "You're on speaker."

"Hey, baby! I'm just calling to check in on ya. You doing okay?" I smiled once Danielle and I met eyes.

She got to talk before I did. "She's doing fine Harry. I'm keeping an eye on her." 

I chuckled slightly and took another bite of food. "Hey, Danielle. Thanks for helping her."

"It's no problem. I got up this morning and cooked her breakfast and invited over Eleanor. She's sitting here with us eating. She'd talk but she's got her mouth full of food." I heard Harry chuckle and tell Lou. "I'll probably stay for at least another day or two."

"Well, thank you. Rissa, I love you. I gotta go tho, duty calls. I'll see you soon." 

I quickly swallowed my food. "Okay, I love you too. See you when you get home!" I ended the call and locked my phone. "It was nice to hear from him."

"I bet. Liam and I talk every other day on the phone, or whenever he isn't busy." I smiled at her and grabbed some more fruit and french toast.

"Lucky, I only get to talk to Lou over the phone about once a week. We do text though, but I love hearing his voice, you know?" Eleanor said. "It makes me feel safer in a way." I understand that thoroughly. Harry always makes me feel safe, even if it's just with his voice, or his soft touches, or even his eyes. "What do you girls want to do today?" I looked up and met Eleanor's steady gaze and shrugged my shoulders. 

"I kind of want to swim, but then again I just wanna lay around." The girls nodded their heads at my response. "Maybe I can unpack. Would you guys help me out? I'm not allowed to carry heavy boxes anymore." 

Ell was the first to respond happily, "Of course! I would love to help you out!" I smiled and we finished eating all we wanted, and after we were done I cleaned up while Dani and El chatted about their lives with their men. It made me happy that I grew up and listened to Harry. I knew that he was still pretty upset about what he had done, but I knew in time it would get better, and I never knew just how much better it would get. "Hey, Ris. Come here." Ell's voice sounded frantic so I grabbed a dry dish rag and dried my hands off while I walked over to her and Dani. They were crowded around her phone staring at the screen. "Look!"

I furrowed my brows as she twisted her wrist around to show me a tweet from Harry. It read A few months ago I lied on an interview. Sorry, ladies. I'm happily taken. 

My eyes widened in shock and pure happiness. "He went public?" Dani smiled at me while nodding. "Does this mean that he thinks it's safe enough for me?" 

Ell shrugged her shoulder, "I'm assuming so. This was posted about an hour ago, so this was when probably around the time he called you maybe a little before." I smiled a huge smile and grabbed my phone out of the kitchen to text him. 

Hey, baby. I know you're performing but I just wanted to say that I'm happy with your decision to go ahead and make us public. I love you. 

I sat my phone back down and after a few minutes of gushing, we got to work unpacking my things. I kept telling them how happy I was that they were here for me, even after all we've been through.