Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I walked into the living room, to see Harry laying on the couch. Naked. "Harry. Do you have to be naked?" I asked walking past him. By now, I'm used to it.

"Sorry, babe." He ran up the stairs. "I'll at least put some pants and underwear on." I smiled, and walked into the kitchen. "I haven't made dinner yet." I heard him from up the stairs. Hmm, no dinner? I'll make dinner myself. But, what should I fix?

"Okay," I replied opening the freezer door to see the hamburger patties already laid out in a package. There was a pan in the dish drainer so I grabbed it and put it on the stove. Walking around the island, I tossed the packaging away into the trash bin and added water to the frying pan. I turned over the knob until it said medium-high just when I bumped my stomach lightly. For a split second I froze. I had touched the place where Harry and I's little boy or girl was growing. It'd been a month already; time had flown by.

"What're you fixing," Harry asked from the doorway. I snapped out of my trance as I turned to see him staring at me with a big friendly smile. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be good." I chuckled and walked back to the fridge wondering what else to fix with it. "Mm, hamburgers. I can make the fries if you like." I told him that it would be nice of him and then handed him the bag of fries.

"What kind of vegetables would you want with it?" I looked over at him and he shook his head. Fine, I'll fix broccoli for me. My fingers grasped the bag of broccoli and I carried it over to the stove. "More for me." He chuckled as he put the fries in the oven to bake and set a timer on his phone.

Harry took my hand in his and lightly tugged me closer to him. "Are you okay? You've seemed. . .different since we, you know," he trailed off. I smiled up at him and nodded softly.

"Yeah, Haz. I'm fine." I reached up to touch his face and stood on my tiptoes to give him a kiss on his nose. "I was a little awkward at first but now I'm getting over that." He smiled at me and kissed my forehead in return.

He leant against the island and I turned to the hamburgers to season them. "I'm just making sure we weren't in trouble." Trouble? My heart dropped.

I almost stuttered, "What kind of trouble?" I couldn't turn around to face him.

"Like, our relationship wasn't in jeopardy." I let out a small breath and continued to sprinkle season salt, pepper, and regular salt on the burgers. A true American way, my mom used to say. "It isn't, is it?"

I spun sharply on my heels, shooting him a soft reassuring glance. "Of course not, Harry. I feel on my end we're doing just fine. Yes, it was a little rushed but it's over and done with now." I took his hand in mine. "It happened and I'm glad it was with you." Harry's green orbs lightened up and he gave me a huge smile. What would he think about kids? Does he even want kids? Oh, who am I kidding. Probably not. I'll tell him when the timing is right, that's fair, isn't it?

Within twenty minutes our food was done and we were chomping away at my American meal. I scooped some broccoli out of the pan and put it on my dish. I let Harry get what he wanted first so I knew he had enough, and then I proceeded to get mine. Once he sat down I placed my food on the table and grabbed us our drinks. He usually liked wine with his meals but this time I gave him and I both a glass of water.

I heard him chuckle under his breath and I knew a sly comment was coming. "Thank you, my beautiful maid." I sat down and shook my head. "What? I said beautiful!"