Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

I listened to Gabriel’s heart pound in his chest, almost lulling me back to sleep. His hand ran through my hair, smoothing it and then tousling it playfully. I happily leaned into his touch, yawning sleepily. “What time is it?”

“I think it’s a little after three. My father called while you were sleeping.” Gabriel pushed my hair out of my face, and gave me a gentle smile. “He wants us to have dinner with him in a couple of hours.”

I blinked several times, trying to wake up a little more. “I would like that. Is he feeling better?” I placed my hand on his as it cupped my cheek. I inhaled his scent and closed my eyes, revelling in the pure masculinity that radiated off of his body. Arousal stirred in the pit of my stomach and I restrained myself from leaning in and kissing him senseless.

“Yes. He is almost as good as new.” Gabriel chuckled and sat up, gently pushing me to the side. He stretched his arms upwards, and I watched his abdominal muscles ripple. A small moan escaped my lips as I looked at his body. “But how are you feeling?”

I sat up slowly, rubbing my head as it began throbbing. “I guess I feel okay. My head hurts a bit, but that’s not unusual.” I rested my head in my hands, giving him a small smile. He frowned at me and ran his hand through my hair again, as if he simply enjoyed the feel of it.

“I’m sorry. Gavin called too, by the way. He got ahold of Grant, who has no intention of staying away.” He took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. “If the threat remains, I may need to relocate us so that I can protect you.”

I slid out of Gabriel’s bed and grabbed my shorts off of the ground, pulling them on and up my legs. “Have you talked to Gavin about our situation?” I asked, looking around for my bra that I had been thrown across the room.

“No, not yet. I want to talk to my father about this first. I think it would be good if he heard it from us and not someone else in the pack.” Gabriel quickly followed suit and began getting dressed. I smirked at him playfully, letting my imagination run wild. All too soon, I ripped my eyes away from his half naked body, knowing that it was not the time to act on my arousal. “He is not so nice when his patience is tested, either. I thought we could go a little early and visit with him.”

I just shrugged, not having much of a say in whether we told Xavier about me being Gabriel’s mate. If I had a choice, I would just keep quiet until I had accepted my fate. But Gabriel was right. Telling his father first would help us find a way to let the pack find out without hundreds of wolves on our tails. “I would love to visit with your father. He is a kind man, and I owe him my thanks for his protection.”

“Alright. Well, as soon as we are dressed, we can head to his cabin.” Gabriel chuckled and plucked my bra off of the dresser, handing it to me. “I think the challenge is going to be getting out of my bedroom with our clothes on.”

I smirked at him and began to put my bra on, rolling my eyes. “I can control myself. Can you?”