Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Gabriel cupped water in his hands and let it flow over my body, as if he relished washing Gavin's scent from my body. I relaxed against him, leaning back until my his chest was pressed against me. His fingers gently massaged my shoulders, where the bruises were the worst and then further down until he reached the curve of my ass.

"Does this hurt?" I shook my head to answer his question and let my eyes flutter shut. "Good." He hadn't said anything about the bruises, just continued showering me with gentle caresses. Part of me was relieved, and the other part wanted him to say something.

His fingers gripped my hip gently, and pulled me in closer against his body until he wrapped his arms around my naked waist. I opened my lips to say something, but all that came out was a moan. Gabriel kissed my neck, followed by gently teasing nibbles. My body instantly responded and I couldn't help but melt in his hold.

"Talia," He whispered against my ear. "You have no idea how badly I want you. Knowing that you were in Gavin's arms last night... It was all I could do not to come rip you away from him and hide you from the world."

His words were flattering, but I felt uneasiness swirl in my gut. I turned in his arms so that I could look up into his face. "Gabriel, you have to stop thinking like that. It will tear you and your brothers apart. They are your family, and they always will be."

"Yes. I am fully aware of that." He gave me a dark smile and leaned down to kiss my lips playfully. I leaned in closer to him so I could deepen the kiss, and he pulled away completely. He laughed and swam around me in circles, always just barely out of reach.

I pouted and reached out for him again, only for him to dodge my efforts. "Gabriel, come back here. I want to touch you."

"Oh, you can touch me." He said, his grin widening further. "But only if you can catch me." He swam further out into the lake, expecting me to follow him. I just stood where I was, crossing my arms over my chest and staring at him. "So now you're going to hide yourself from me? That's not fair."

It was his turn to pout. Seeing that I was not going to bare my breasts to his gaze, he came back and grabbed my arms gently. I smiled sweetly at him and locked my arms in place. "I don't think so." He grunted and kissed me again, this time lingering for a moment. When he pulled away, I laughed. "You are such a guy. Doing anything I want you to just so you can see me naked."

"I've seen you naked before. It's bound to happen again." He kissed me harder. "And again." He pulled me in tight against his body and lifted me off my feet so that I had to wrap my arms around his neck, or else fall back into the water.

I felt him stiffen suddenly, and push me behind him. A voice suddenly called out. "There you are. I got back to the cabin and you were missing." Gavin ran up to the edge of the water, breathing heavily. "My bed was shredded and things were thrown around. I thought something had happened to you."

"What do you mean? Everything was in order when I left." I peeked over Gabriel's shoulder. "Stephanie had come by to drop off some bread, but I didn't hang around."

Gabriel looked at me over his shoulder. "Do you think that she did this?"