Chapter 13

We walked back into the house and were eagerly greeted by my brother who had been waiting by the door for us.

“Aliiiccciiiiaaaa!” he wailed, dragging out my name playfully, “You and Hazzy took forever! Can we go to the park now? Remember, Hazzy, you said, you said that you would take me!” He rambled on looking up at Harry with puppy dog eyes, Harry looked down at my younger brother with an amused grin.

“Of course we can Jay!” he said ruffling James’ hair with his free hand, “I never break a promise, especially if that promise is made to my girlfriend’s brother.” He retorted, giving me a glance as he said ‘my girlfriend’. I don’t think I’m ever going to get over how incredible that sounds coming from him.

“Well you’re going to have to go later, tea’s ready,” My mum interjected before we could leave, she looked over at Harry with a fond smile, “Its cottage pie, dear, I hope that’s ok?” harry nodded with a smile.

“That’s fine, Mrs.Smith, thanks again for having me.”

“Oh it’s no problem Harry, you’re a pleasure to have around, and James seems to becoming rather fond of you as well. But please dear, call me Linda!” My mum chuckled at him as she ushered us all into the dining room. Well it seems that my mum and brother both like Harry, now he just needs to win over my Dad. Surely that can’t be a problem, what with that cheeky grin of his; adorably cute dimples; gorgeous green eyes-

“Alicia, are you going to sit down darling?” I blink as I looked around the room. I was stood next to a dining room chair, which Harry had so kindly pulled out for me. Whoops! I blushed as I looked at my parents and Harry’s amused faces and sat in the chair mumbling thanks to Harry. James was positioning his Doctor Who figures so that they could sit with him at the dinner table, oblivious to my stupidity. Harry took the seat next to me, flashing a grin in my direction as our eyes connected.

“NO!” James abruptly yelled, everyone turning to look at him. “I want to sit next to Hazzy!” he demanded, screwing his tiny hands into fists and banging them on the table. The action made me chuckle which only made James bang his fist on the table again giving me a stern look. I tried to hide my smile but the situation was just so cute, he looked adorable sat there glaring at me “angrily”.

“Now James, behave or Harry won’t stay for tea.” My mum cautioned him, trying to not laugh herself.

“Is that true Hazzy?” he asked gasping “You will leave and not eat?” Harry nodded playing along, pretending to look sad, “But then you will be hungry and have nowhere to stay! And, and it’s dark outside and there’s bogey monsters out there! That’s mean! I promise to be good, just stay for tea Hazzy! Don’t let the bogey man get you! I will be sad if you go...” James finished his outburst looking across at Harry with wide, shocked eyes; scared that Harry will suddenly get up and leave.

“I promise I won’t go anywhere as long as you are good and listen to your Mummy and Daddy.” Harry said playing along with my Mums attempt at getting James to behave. She was smiling at him, thankful for his input. James nodded along, still wide eyed and never looking away from Harry.

“I promise Hazzy.”

“Pinky promise, Jay?” Harry challenged, reaching across the table with his right pinky finger out. James grinned and produced his own pinky and the two boys linked there fingers together shaking their hands slightly. I faintly heard an aww come from my mum as she watched the scene unfold and I had to stop myself from doing the same.

“I pinky promise Hazzy.”

“Well then I’m definitely staying for tea.”  I placed my hand on Harry’s knee giving it a quick squeeze. He glanced at me out of the corner of his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips. He was equally amused by what had happened.