Chapter 16

Harry P.O.V

“Vas happenin dudes?!” Zayn opened the door with a flourish, standing in the doorway with his arms spread out and a giant smile on his face.

Louis ran in with a face stroke for Zayn and headed straight into the living room where I could hear Niall and Liam playing Mario Kart- or at least I guessed it was Mario Kart from the “God dammit Peach, drive the other way!”. I greeted Zayn with a hug and pulled Alicia in by the hand to introduce her.

“Zayn you remember Alicia, right? My girlfriend. My girlfriend Alicia. This is Alicia- my girlfriend.” By the time I’d finished Zayn, Alicia and James were all looking at me with bewildered expressions while I felt my cheeks heat up. I quickly mumbled “I just like saying it, okay?” and looked up to see Alicia smiling at me sweetly with a matching blush.

“...Anyways, nice to meet you Alicia, Harry’s girlfriend,” Zayn said with a wink, “Welcome to my humble abode! And this must be James- nice to meet you mate. I’m Zayn.” He bent down so that he was face to face with Jay and held out his hand for him to shake.

“Hi, I’m James, Alicia’s my sister and I’m Harry’s best friend! Do you have a wii, can I play on it?” James was shaking Zayn’s hand enthusiastically, clearly pleased with his introduction. Zayn was hiding a smile and returning the hand shake with equal fervour.   

“Harry’s best friend, huh? Looks like the cheeky sod’s replaced me! But yes I do, go through that door and Niall, Liam and Louis will set you up a game.” Once James had ran off into Zayn’s house, clearly having shaken off his previous nervousness, Zayn stood up smirking at Alicia who now had my arm circled around her shoulder.

“Hmm, even prettier then I remembered.” He winked, and Alicia seemed to ignore the way my arm tightened around her. Zayn, however, must have noticed, judging by the glint of amusement in his eyes. “Chill Haz, just ‘cause she’s hot it doesn’t mean I’m gonna make a move on your girl!” I relaxed at that. Even though I knew that none of us would ever do anything like that to one of the others it didn’t mean I would ever enjoy Zayn flirting with my girlfriend- even if it was completely harmless, as I knew it was.

Alicia chuckled and the blush, still present from before, darkened at Zayn’s compliment. “Nice to see you again Zayn.” She smiled brightly at him.

We all walked through to where the others were having an intense game of Mario Kart- Liam, Niall and Louis all seemingly being beaten by James.

“How are you... wha- I don’t- what?! How are you beating me?! No one ever beats me!”Liam shouted in mock outrage. Well kind of mock. Not really.

“Pfft, please, if you think James is good you should see me play.” Alicia said from where she was stood between me and Zayn in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest and a challenge in her eyes.

“Oh yeah?” Liam retorted with a smirk. “Bring it.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 minutes later we were all sat, open mouthed and wide eyed, whilst Alicia set down her wheel with a self- satisfied smile.

With a look of fake confusion she broke the silence saying “Um, I- I think I brought it.” She and James high- fived, cackling with delight at having both beaten all of us.

“Re-match! I want a re-match, I was going easy on you because I thought you’d suck, but now I want to do it properly!” Liam was frantically searching through the menus trying to find a game that he could actually win at as the rest of us slowly came to life and started laughing and congratulating Alicia.