Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I don't own Danny Phantom or Providence.

Danny stood silently in the elevator with two agents on either side of him. His mind was running through the different possibilities of where he was going. He knew for sure that it was a special place; if the proper shower and new clothes weren't a clue. Another thing, the hallways they were going through were definitely new for him.

A loud ding was heard in the silent atmosphere and the elevator doors opened. The men stepped out and Danny immediately followed them without a thought of escape.

After a few silent minutes of walking, they reached a sliding door and one of the agents pressed a button on the side of the door. Another few seconds and the door slid open and Danny was ushered inside.

For Danny, it was like he stepped into a new world after a few years of nothing but white. The room was like one of those old fancy rooms fit for the rich with a big mahogany desk on one side of the room surrounded by two walls of wooden bookshelves filled with books, and a set of red velvet couches, on the other side of the room, surrounded a wooden coffee table. The owner of the room was definitely someone important if his workspace was so different from the dull white of the rest of the institution.

A middle aged man with slicked blonde hair and in a white pinstriped suit stepped from behind the desk with his arms spread wide.

"Danny Phantom," he greeted using the ex-superhero's alias.

Danny flinched at the mention of the name and the man grinned at the reaction.

"Please have a seat," he gestured towards the sofas as he walked towards them himself.

Danny reluctantly followed and sat at the edge of one of the chairs as eyed the man cautiously.

"Well, well, well, it's a pleasure to meet a great hero like you... or should I say 'a once great hero'."

The man's eyes twinkled as he saw Danny's reaction, as said boy clenched and unclenched his fists.

"You're probably wondering why you're here," the man's face finally turned serious, "First of all, my name Clarence and we'll be working together frequently from today onwards. Now 'what work?' you may be thinking, well, I think it's finally fair for you to know the main reason of why you have been brought to this organization."

At these words, Danny sat more alert and upright. The answer to the question that went through his mind at least once a day was finally going to be answered.

The man smirked again at Danny's response and leaned forward, "You.... are going to be a king in this world," he whispered.

His only answer was a look of confusion from the raven haired boy, so he leaned back in his chair to further elaborate.

"You and a few others in this world have very special and immense power and my colleagues and I have taken it upon ourselves to help you understand and control this power. I will admit that we had ulterior motives while doing so but I promise you it's a win-win situation."

Danny opened his mouth to speak, the first time today and in a while, " I-is it a win for me-e becau-ause I can now control my powers." His voice was shaky and raspy from lack of use.

"Hmm, maybe. But what I meant exactly is that we will all rise to the top of this world with your help. You and two others, that you will meet soon, are going to work together to rule this world. Of course I will help you, guide you and be behind you all the time. To make sure what you do is right. And by then, you would have become on top of the food chain and everyone will beg by your feet."