Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I don't own Danny Phantom or Providence.

Warning: this chapter contains scenes of torture and I'm not good with ratings but I will say to those who are sensitive beware cause you have been warned.

Strapped again to that hard metal chair in his human form was Danny's current condition. Wires were attached to him before one of the masked men in lab coats pressed a button on the remote control in his hand. Electricity coursed through the young boy and his screams started, pouring out of his mouth like his blood would in other experiments. Gradually, the amount of electricity increased but it wasn't like he could feel it, after all, it was all the same for him; pain. It felt like hours rather than minutes, and maybe it was, but soon, black dots that he was now used to seeing started appearing in his vision and soon his screams died out as his body slumped back. He blacked out.

Last week, they had done the same experiment but in his ghost form. They would slowly increase the electricity and see how much his body can hold out. Of course, it was longer than in his human form but it was just as painful, and either way, when he woke up he would be feeling the same as pain and stiffness in his body and it would be just as hard to move.

They would do this experiment every few weeks, trying to increase his pain tolerance but it wasn't like he could question it. He got used to it eventually, not the pain of course, but sitting on this awful chair and preparing himself for the oncoming torture.

~~~

The clear glass cup showed the weird liquid it contained. It was a yellow greenish color that made his stomach churn when he tried to imagine what it may contain.

He reached for the cup with his shaky hands and grabbed it before slowly bringing it to his lips. The liquid swished thickly against the cup and Danny tried to suppress the urge of throwing away. His old self would have shown his disgust and loudly refused to drink it, but now his pale face was always set in an emotionless mask and the only feeling he would show is pain. The rim of the cup touched his dry lips, and he hesitated for a second before downing its contents in one gulp.

The liquid slowly rolled down his esophagus and into his stomach. He gagged at the taste and coughed. His hands moved to his mouth, his moves wild and frantic, trying to get what he drank out of him. Hands held him down and minimized his moves but the strong still lingering taste had him crazy to get out.

It was a few minutes later that he had calmed down, but it wasn't because the tasted had lightened or because he got used to it. It was a weird feeling that started growing in his body. He didn't know how to describe it, it was like something stopped all functions in his body but didn't, it was like he couldn't breathe but he could. His eyes were wide and he was opening his mouth in silent gasps, and his body was twitching every now and then, his limbs moving then stopping halfway through the action before going back to there place.

He was laid down as his body reacted to the liquid. He didn't notice as the masked scientists around him moved and took observations; wires were connected to him and readings were taken.

~~~

His stomach churned at the sight of the sharp tools. No matter how many times he was brought here, he couldn't get used to them. The scalpel, the scissors, the tweezers, the needles and all of the other stuff on the small metallic table.

Danny was strapped on a hard metallic table. The only thing he was wearing were shorts, leaving his legs, arms and chest bare. The bulky metal harnesses scratched at his skinny wrists drawing blood every time he tried to push against them when fear of what was coming struck at him ten times as much as before.

He stopped at the sound of the sliding door and looked even though he knew who came; a bunch of masked scientists wearing dress-like lab coats. One of them only showed his smirking face; he vaguely remembered him from that time when a tracker was placed inside him.

The scientists crowded around him, looming over him like monsters in the middle of the night. One of them grabbed a scalpel and placed against his abdomen before pushing it in. His mouth opened to let the usual screams pour out. His body arched and the scalpel was pushed in deeper. It traced and opened along thin white lines on his chest, clearly opening an old wound that has opened many times before.

Once the scalpel was put down tweezers were grabbed and other stuff to keep the wound open. They pushed and dug into his insides, the scientists not caring about the blood seeping out of his wounds uncontrollably. Screams weren't the only thing coming out of his mouth anymore and he was barely aware of anything around him, only the pain that will hopefully end soon, even if temporarily.

His screams were whimpers now, occasionally coming out as sobs when he hacked out more blood. His vision blacked every few seconds as he swayed in and out of consciousness. Eventually, after losing so much blood, his eyes closed to not open until a few hours later.

~~~

A typical day in his life now started with an agent entering his room and roughly pulling him into a sitting position by his hair, making sure he was awake. A cup of water would be placed by his bed and that would be the only the only source of nutrition he took in the day. Once a week, he would be allowed a meal, though it was clearly just a bunch of nutrients mixed together to form a slimy thing they called food. He couldn't complain about it as he would be starving by the time he was allowed to eat and either way, they would force every last bit of it down his throat.

After he was slightly refreshed and fully conscious and alert of his surroundings, two other men would come and drag out of his room to a training room. Mostly it was the one where he used his ghost powers, he noticed there to be a rhythm of what he had to display of his talents and capabilities. At least once a week, however, he was taken to a training room where they worked on strengthening his human form. It was like a small gym though there was a scientist who took his blood pressure and some other measurements before he started the exercises that pushed his body to its limits while the scientist took readings of the machines.

Even though they weren't merciful in the training that left him exhausted by the end of the day, twice or thrice a week he was taken to their different labs where they extracted the results they needed through the most gruesome and bloody ways.

At the end of the week, he would be allowed the pleasure of a shower, though it wasn't as good as it seems. He was stripped of his clothes and cold water was poured over him, stinging his barely healed wounds after another painful day of experiments. Then he would given a new pair of clothes instead of his week old clothes that were tattered enough to look like they had been worn a year.

-----
*Gasps*
OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT!!!???? A CHAPTER!!!????

Yes my dear readers, that is very much a chapter after a long year wait. However my dear readers, an update doesn't mean this book is off hold anymore. My next update won't be till at least June.

Why, you may ask?

Well, if you read my other book you may know that I'm having mock exams this March and in May I have my IGCSE exams that I have been preparing for since the beginning of this year and studying for since two years ago. I have been so stressed lately and my grades may drop if I don't focus everything on my exams this month. All my teachers and my family have high expectations of me which just increases the stress and I don't want to disappoint them. However, to the readers of my other book, I will try to update that book in April even though I will be busy preparing for May.

Your lovely comments were the only thing that made me update now rather than in June, I have been working on this chapter for a month writing every time I had the chance to.

Now please do me a favor and don't forget to vote, comment and share this story cause you are the most amazing, beautiful and lovely readers in the whole world.

Ciao

~SGD