Chapter 12

Diamond watched how rigid her husband had suddenly become. She'd heard his name being called, and from his willingness to turn back, she knew that whoever had called him was standing behind him.

She moved to the side slightly to see who had called him. Her eyes landed on a tall woman. She looked flawless in a sundress that was flowing with the wind, while her platinum blonde hair flowed down her back and chest. Diamond noted the excitement shimmering in the woman's eyes at the sight of her husband.

She moved back to look him in the eyes. "Thea?"

He nodded stiffly. "Is she gone?"

"She's kind of waiting for you to turn around and look at her. She looks excited to see you," she replied.

"I don't want to," he mumbled.

She took his hand in hers and kissed it. "I'm here for you."

"Still don't want to," he said, scowling.

She laughed a little. "Tough."

He wasn't sure what she meant by that, until she made him turn to face his ex. All he could feel was pure hatred as his eyes found Thea's. He didn't feel a shred of any of the feelings he used to have, and it was the first time that he realized that Diamond had truly changed his life.

Before, he might've wanted to see the woman again.

"It really is you," Thea said excitedly.

When he wasn't saying anything, Diamond decided to take the lead. "Hi."

Thea scowled. "Who are you?"

"My name is Diamond Kingston," Diamond introduced.

"Kingston?" Thea questioned.

"My wife," Xavier finally spoke, pride seeping into his town.

"You're married?" Thea asked, shock on her face.

He reverted back to not saying anything, so Diamond took the lead once more. "I didn't catch your name."

"Thea Wiley, but I'm sure you knew that already," Thea said cockily.

"Thea Wiley?" Diamond asked, feigning confusion.

"I'm an internationally famous model," Thea pointed out.

Diamond smiled. "Oh, I wouldn't know. I've never seen your face anywhere and I don't pay attention to that side of the world."

Xavier bit his lip to keep from laughing at the look on Thea's face.

"Surely Xavier's told you about me," Thea told her, the cockiness returning.

"I don't think he did," Diamond replied.

"I was the love of his life. He was going to marry me!" Thea snapped.

Diamond smiled once more. "Aaah, that explains why I know nothing about you."

"What does that even mean?" Thea asked.

"It means I'm his present and future. The past is exactly that, the past, and we both intend to keep everything and everyone from it right there. It's been so lovely meeting you, but we were actually heading back to our resort. You know, honeymoon things and all," Diamond said sweetly.

"Xavier, aren't you going to say anything?" Thea asked him.

He shrugged. "I'm sure my wife pretty much covered it. The only difference is that I would've gone the rest of my life without having ever seen your face again and I'd die in peace. Anyway, I'll live with only having seen you this one time and hope I never have to."