Chapter 1: The kits

I solemnly swear I do not own Warriors. Erin Hunter does, not me... ;)

Chapter 1:

It was leaf-fall and the blazing inferno of a sun beat down relentlessly on the gentle leaves of the forest. Leaf-bare was approaching soon, and prey was getting scarce...

The smell of milk was evident in the small cave which sheltered Mittens, and her two kits. She had kitted the kits, a she-cat and a tom, on her own and was feeding the kits with the little milk she had. Both kits had not opened their eyes yet.

The she-cat had a beautiful flame-coloured and fuzzy pelt whereas the tom had a cream-coloured pelt, with a few patches of caramel brown. Fuzzy and Patch, these names were perfect.

"Meeooww..." Fuzzy mewed as her emerald green eyes shone in excitement as she opened her eyes. "Who are you?" She asked Mittens.

At the same time, Patch's eyelids fluttered open to show amber eyes of amazement. Mittens sighed in content and answered all their curious questions with the patience of a queen. Oh if only Spot were able to see this... Mittens thought sadly.  

She licked her two kits who had opened their eyes clean. The female she-kit mewed happily, "Mittens, where are we now?"

Mittens looked around within the small place of a cave and simply purred, "Home."

-----

Edited chapter xD Can you believe this chapter has 2000+ reads already :') my book grows up so fast...

Also, only minor changes to the story to make it longer, but the plot remains the SAME x3 So yep, read on~