Chapter 1

GIA'S POV

​"Mila hurry up or we're gonna be late!" I shouted from the bathroom as I tugged my black and purple hair up into a messy disarray. I rolled my eyes and smirked as my older sister muttered something from her room about having to make sure she had everything turned off and blah, blah, blah. My sister and I were close as close could be but complete fucking opposites and I think that's why we got along so well, she helped keep me organized while I helped her to loosen up every now and then. It had only been two short years since we had moved to California on a whim and a prayer, lugging our demo tapes with us after escaping the hell we had been living in. We finally caught a break with a small record company called Hopeless Records and ever since then things have started to look up. You see, my sister and I were a duo...she sang and I did backup vocals and played guitar in our band, Suicidal Butterflies. I liked to think we had a Halestorm/Evanescence kind of sound to us...only better, yea I was way too cocky but that's who I was...from my wildly colored hair and tattoos, to my lip piercing and barely covered body I felt like we were in the same class as they were.
​We had a meeting with our producer and agent today who said they had an opportunity we probably wouldn't want to pass up and I for once was ahead of Miss Perfect Mila but as she came out of her room I saw why. From head to toe she looked impeccable, no one would EVER guess that she was the naughty, leather clad vixen she was up on stage but she was. "Geez Mila, do you always have to look like a million bucks?" I teased, grabbing my small messenger bag and going to the front door of our apartment. "You could to if you'd stop dressing like Taylor Momsen and Maria Brink had a love child" she chided me gently with a smile. I surveyed my short leather skirt and leather vest adorned with chains, studs, and pins, shrugging my shoulders at her. "What's wrong with what I have on?" Ah the ever famous, older sister eye roll. "Nothing Gia...if you want to dress the part of rock girl 24/7. Now let's go or we will be late and I don't want to hear it from Larry." And with that, she was shoving me out the door so we could catch the bus over to the record studio.
​By the time we walked into the crammed conference room I was nervously chewing at my nails, chipping the purple polish I had just put on and I could feel Mila glaring at me, she hated it when I chewed my nails but I couldn't help myself. It took Larry a good fifteen minutes to walk his happy ass into the room and by the time he sat down I could see that even mild tempered Mila was getting irritated. "So, I'll get right down to it ladies" he stated with a promising smirk as he slid down into a leather chair. "We had a high-profile band come to us a few weeks back, they were looking for an opening act to take on the road with them this summer. They listened to some of your work and surprisingly they chose you two out of everyone else." I sat there looking at Larry and then Mila, waiting to see what my sister would say and how Larry would react but after a few minutes of silence I spoke up. "Fuck yea when do we go?!" I was all smiles and ready for adventure but my sister held her hand up. "Just a minute Gia, before you go getting carried away I want to know details. Who is this band? How long would we be on tour for? What about money, sleeping arrangements, food...we still need a drummer..." I rolled my eyes and slumped back in my seat as her list of demands went on and on.
​"Mila come on" I whined "For once can't we just do something wild and outrageous?! Plus, this could totally boost our career! We might FINALLY get recognized!" I could see Larry was more on my side and he began listing off all the perks and benefits about the opportunity before sliding a glossy 8x10 across the table at us. "That's the band you'll be opening for...Avenged Sevenfold...they started out here and we've always wanted to keep on good terms with them so don't disappoint me girls, what do ya say?" I looked at the picture of four guys standing in front of the camera, serious and brooding and I felt my excitement grow more and more. These guys looked like total rock gods and I was already eye balling the one with black hair and dark brooding eyes. "Mila these guys are fucking hot!" I gushed without shame, shoving the photo at her before turning to Larry. "So, when do we start?" I asked happily, there was no way in hell I was gonna let Mila say no to this one!

Another story I'm writing with SynfulObsession
She will be writing the parts of Gia and Matt and I'll be writing the parts of Mila and Brian.

A little background to this story.......a few weeks ago I left the sunny shores of Australia to visit with SynfulObsession and catch an Avenged show together (which of course was amazing). A week or so later we were driving down a deserted country road when several butterflies flew into the front of the car.
I looked at Dani and said "Suicidal Butterflies."
At this point we both decided that would be a great name for a band, then we had a good giggle.
Next minute Dani looked at me and said "We could use that in a story." And that my friends is how this story came to fruition.
Now I'm back in Australia and Dani is still in Illinois. So let the writing begin and we hope you enjoy the journey. Xxx