Chapter 10 : Sleep issues

A/N : This Friday's shoutout goes to @R5myidols for all the comments on this book this week.

Chapter 10

Middle of the night...

Rocky POV

I woke up, and heard something strange. I turned over on my side to see my brother having a panic attack.

"Oh my god, Riker. What's wrong?" I asked, sitting up.

"I just... I don't know!"

He was sitting on the corner of his bed closest to the wall. His knees were pulled to his chest, and he was running his hands nervously through his hair.

I got up, and went over to him. I sat down beside him, and wrapped my arms gently around him. His whole body was trembling.

"What can I do to help?" I asked.

"I-I don't k-know!"

He covered his face with his hands.

"Breathe, Riker. Calm down."

"B-but what if s-someone hurts m-me?"

"Nobody is going to hurt you, Riker. I promise."

"Really?"

"I promise. Is that what you're scared of?"

"I d-don't know... I-I'm just s-so nervous all of a s-sudden..."

"You're ok, Riker. Try to calm down."

I took his hand. I could feel that his whole body was tense. 

"Rikes."

He looked at me.

"Relax. Do you need anything? Water?"

"Um... Yeah, but can you just stay with me a little longer?"

"Mhmmm."

After a few minutes, Riker finally started to relax. He wasn't so tense, and he stopped trembling. 

"I'll go get you some water."

I got him a cup of water from the bathroom. I gave it to my brother, and he drank it slowly.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes... Thank you... I'm sorry I woke you up."

"It's ok, Riker. As long as you're ok now."

"I am... I think..."

"If this happens again Riker, wake me up, ok? I don't mind. I just want to make sure you're ok."

"Ok... Thanks, Rocky."

Riker got up, and hugged me tight.

"Can we still leave the lights on though? I'm still a little bit nervous."

"Sure."

Riker and I both got back into our beds. I watched as Riker laid down, and closed his eyes. He seems calm still, so that's good. I just hope he stays that way...

I closed my eyes, and went to bed too. Hopefully Riker makes it until morning...

Later...

Riker POV

"Rocky... Please wake up..."

I shook Rocky's shoulder a little more.

"Mmmm..."