Chapter 27

• Dedicated to All who have entered my contest!

A/N: YOU GUYS ASHTON AND LUKE FROM 5SOS WAVED AT ME AND SMILED AND MY LIFE WAS MADE. I went to LA to the venue of their show and both of them came out and waved at yours truly, how exciting! Right????? I'm about to cry just thinking about it.

I also wanted to thank you guys so much for your kind and supportive words as far as the breakup goes. It has been really hard to deal with and I really appreciate your understanding towards the situation. So if anyone knows an extremely hot guy who might like me feel free to set us up. Actually just set me up with a band member from 1D or 5SOS or Jack Gilinsky. Not too hard right? :) But seriously if you guys have any connections hook me up I'm not even joking! haha

WINNER OF THE ONE SHOT CONTEST IS ANNOUNCED AFTER THE CHAPTER IS OVER!

Zayn's POV

Liam's plan proved to work relatively well. The only thing was that Eve had no energy and I basically had to carry her to the car when I was in a hurry. Luckily Aiden was fast enough to fend for himself and buckle himself into his car seat booster.

"Where are we going again?" Aiden asked from the backseat. I thanked my lucky stars that I had tinted windows because people would definitely recognize us otherwise.

"Grandmum and Granddad's house. You get to see them and your Aunties." I told him for the fifth time. He seemed to forget things quite a lot. That or he just loved to ask questions.

"Oh." His memory seemed to come back to him. "Can you put on some music please?"

"Music like what?" I winced. The last thing I wanted to listen to was One Direction at the moment. Aiden loved it though, and he insisted that we listen to our first album, Up All Night. That was his favorite. And I was glad because that was definitely the most child friendly album we had.

So we listened to the album, each song taking me back through different memories and new experiences in my life. I could tell Eve wasn't asleep because her foot tapped along to the music throughout the entire car ride. We went the whole time without talking, though. She probably needed some time to think. Reality was hitting her, punching her in the gut really.

We got to Bradford in a shorter time than usual, maybe because I wanted nothing more than to feel my mother's arms around me, or maybe because all of England was waiting outside of that fucking hospital to try to get a glimpse at the circus animals.

When I parked in the driveway of my parents' house, my family wasted no time in greeting us, running outside to our car and pulling all three of us in for extremely tight hugs. No one said a word, we all just basked in each other's love.

The whole thing was very bittersweet. I couldn't help but notice that each one of us, even Aiden, had tears in our eyes. Mum and Dad just kept saying how sorry they were, how things would turn out alright in the end.

It sounded like a load of bullshit to me, although I would never say that to them.

We migrated to the inside of the house without bothering to bring our bags with us. I was too tired to carry anything besides my own weight anyway.

"Can I get you two some tea?" Mum asked as Eve and I sat down on the couch together. Dad sat on his recliner and Waliyha, Safaa, and Doniya squeezed into another chair to give us our space.

Aiden was comfortable on Dad's lap, laying silently against his chest.

"Yes please." I answered for the both of us.

"How about some juice for Aiden?" She added. "I bought one hundred percent just for him."

"Maybe after he has a nap." I replied. Eve hadn't said a word all day unless she was tending to Aiden's needs. Even then, her voice was barely there.

It was very clear that no one knew what to say. The only new thing to talk about was too sore of a subject to bring up. Not in such a casual way, at least.

We really just sat there for a few hours. It was like we were having an extra longmoment of silence for Amelia Luna. My mind couldn't escape out poor little baby girl. I didnt want to even think about where Eve and I stood before the miscarriage. We weren't even sleeping in the same bed for God's sake.

Mum returned from the kitchen with some tea and a sad smile. She sat down right next to Eve, forcing me to scoot over a bit. I sipped at my tea while she embraced my wife, radiating love throughout the whole room.

"I love you very much, darling." She whispered but the room was so silent that everyone could hear what she said.

"So do I, Eve." Safaa said, starting a domino effect where the entire family just expressed their love for her.

Of course that set her off into more tears. She spilled her tea slightly on her jumper but she didn't care. She kept on crying, Mum wiping her tears away. She whispered more comforting things that I couldn't quite hear over Eve's sobs.

The worst part was Aiden had to be there and watch his mum upset.

"Aiden, why don't we go get some ice cream or something?" Doniya suggested.

"I don't want any." Aiden shook his head, his eyes fixated of Eve. "I want to stay with Mummy."

I sighed, looking down at my hands. It was times like this that I would love to escape this room and go out for a cigarette. I hadn't even touched one in years, not since I met Eve, really. Quitting was difficult, but having Eve as a distraction helped a lot. I never wanted a cigarette when she was sitting next to me.

She made everything worthwhile.

"Are you okay Daddy?" Aiden made me jump as he appeared a few inches away from me instead of where he was sitting with my sisters.

"Yeah I'm fine little man." I told him. "Come here." I pulled him up into my lap, letting him lean his head back on my shoulder. I squeezed him tight just in case he was doubting how much I loved him. "Are you sure you don't want to go out for some ice cream?"

"I'm sure."

"Not even for chocolate cookie dough?" I coaxed him. That was his favorite.

Aiden paused a bit. "Maybe if they have chocolate cookie dough."

"I think Mummy needs some rest. What do you think?"

He nodded.

"So what do you say about that ice cream?"

"Can I get two scoops?

I nodded.

"And sprinkles?

I smiled. "And sprinkles."

A/N: Sorry for that shitty update. But more importantly...the moment you've all been waiting for.....

The one-shot contest winner is.......@lil_ninja_x !!! Her story was clever, gripping, well written, and lovely!

Thank you all for entering! Each of you did a wonderful job and I encourage you all to continue to write and never stop. It was so hard to pick a winner because there were some really great ones! If you want to read them, I have a reading list titled, 'Contest' and you will find them.

Congrats lilninja :) I'll be messaging you very soon.

Contact Me!

Instagram & Spapchat: lexanoelle

Twitter: noellexa

YouTube: In external link

Tumblr: quietgirlloudworld

Blog: alexanoellejones.blogspot.com