Chapter 21

Eve's POV

Liam and Danielle ever so kindly dropped by for breakfast without much of a warning of their arrival the next morning.

I was quite surprised to hear that they were on their way to visit us when Liam called.

Normally I wouldn't mind a surprise visit from them at all, but Zayn and I only had a few hours until my doctor's appointment with Dr. Cooley at half past noon. I was already a bit stressed and having to whip up a quick breakfast for two extra people only added to it. I ended up making eggs because that was what I happened to be in the mood for. Zayn ever so kindly set the table and made enough pieces of toast for all of us. Cooking definitely wasn't his thing.

It really didn't help that Aiden was in a particularly cranky mood and all Alfie did was chase him around the house which only made him more upset.

"Mummy!" Aiden whined as I stood at the stove with a spatula in my hand.

"Yes baby?" I sighed in irritation.

"Affie won't stop following me!"

"Why don't you let him outside for a bit? That way he won't be able to bother you anymore." Zayn swooped in and handled it for me.

'Thank you.' I mouthed to him. He smiled back with a silent but understood 'your welcome'.

In what seemed like no time, the doorbell rang. Since Zayn was busy holding down the fort with Aiden, I left my position in the kitchen to let Liam and Danielle in.

When I opened the door I was greeted with my beautiful friend and now family member and my favorite cousin. They really were such a beautiful couple. Danielle seemed to be glowing, and I could definitely tell this was her first pregancy because Liam was acting as if she were a fragile eggshell or something. He did everything for her just as Zayn did to me when I moved in with the boys.

Danielle was very privileged to be able to enjoy her firstpregnancy while feeling secure about the future. Unfortunately I didn't have that luxury seeing as I was a seventeen year old girl on her own.

"You alright babe?" Danielle greeted me with a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah are you?" I replied, taking in her appearance. Although it wasn't painfully obvious that she was pregnant yet, I could definitely tell that she was further along than me.

"I'm good, thanks." Her smile seemed to be much brighter than before. Maybe it was just knowing that she was pregnant that made me think her demeanor was different.

"Hey Li." I hugged Liam and kissed him on the cheek as well. He looked tired but jittery at the same time. I didn't even know that was possible!

"Where are your boys?" Danielle asked as we walked through the foyer and into the kitchen.

"Aiden's a bit moody this morning so I think Zayn's trying to calm him down. He probably just didn't get enough sleep." I shrugged.

Just then Zayn appeared without Aiden by his side.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Went back to bed." He replied simply before greeting our lovely guests.

"It's good to see you two." Zayn hugged them and insisted that they sit down while we set the table up.

As a mother I developed instincts that I wouldn't have developed otherwise. For instance if I had been in this same exact position six years ago I would have left the stove on and burned the eggs. Luckily I turned the stove off before I went to answer the door.