[07 | Big Brother's Watching ]

[07 | Red Flags: Big Brother's Watching ]

"I'm having David over in a few minutes," I muttered as I pulled a sweater over my head. Gavin's hand attempted to tug the red sweater off and I had to muster up all my resistance to swat his hands away. No matter how his skin left a burning sensation on mine, this was definitely not the time and place to let him have his way. "Now isn't the time, Gavin."

With a groan of annoyance, he sat back on his bed and glared at me. I had to bite back the smirk that threatened to surface with knowing the fact that even though he thought that he was running the show, I had him wrapped around my fingers.

"You're such a fucking tease, Penelope."

When I didn't reply, Gavin raked his hands through the slight curls of his hair and stood up, putting on the discarded shirt on the floor while mumbling unpleasant words under his breath. I pretended to scowl, humouring him. He took notice of it and threw another glare at my direction before grabbing his keys and pulling me out of his room, down the staircase, and out of his cozy home.

"When do you have time to work with your dad?" I wondered, remembering his conversation earlier in the week with my father. Gavin opened the passenger door of his car and helped me in, buckling the seat belt before he closed the door and got in the driver's seat.

With a shrug, he brought the engines to life and waited for the car to warm up. "When I'm off school and not with you," he answered nonchalantly, glancing at my direction slightly before he started driving. "You take up most of my time now, so you better be fucking grateful."

I threw Gavin an ominous look. "I don't particularly demand your presence every minute of the day," I reminded him, "Spending time with me is your doing."

The corner of his lip tugged upwards slightly, his expression sporting a gentle smile. I then realize that his words weren't meant to be callous. I had to admit, it wasn't the most romantic thing ever but the fact that he was spending his time with me, rather than going out and doing god knows what before I came along (which was probably a hell of a lot more fun that what I usually make him do) might have tugged my heart a little bit.

 "I know," he agreed, his eyes on the road, not meeting mine. "Lately, your fucking ridiculousness has been making my life a bit more interesting."

I could feel the heat on my cheeks and I knew that he noticed it, judging by the small chuckle he let out. I turned away, focusing on the blurring houses and cars that passed by us. The houses we passed by were grande and explicitly enormous, much like the castle Gavin lived in. "Are you going to work when you drop me off, then?" I wondered, hoping for a change of topic.

His eyes, momentarily, glanced at my direction before going back to the road. "No."

"No?"

"I'm not gonna leave you with this David fellow," he muttered sternly, his eyes hard on the road.

I smirked. "My, my, Gavin. Are you jealous?"

"Fuck off."

.

.

"What are you doing here?"

A familiar smirk appeared on Gavin's lips as he leaned down slightly for a light kiss before walking in the house, ignoring my question. I convinced him to leave David and I alone after he'd dropped me off, telling him that he didn't need to be here for this part of the plan. After ten minutes of me insisting for him to go, and him forcing himself inside the house, I managed to get him to agree with me with a bit of persuasion that resulted with me needing to comply with his every demand for twenty four hours.