[10 | Rollercoaster Rush ]

u n t o u c h a b l e

// things will get a bit steamy.

[10 | Rollercoaster Kind of Rush ]

.

.

Maddy ripped apart a poster of a model woman in her locker. There were three nights left before the Runway and she'd been extremely stressed since last Friday. She'd never really shown it but I could tell. From the way she kept drinking her bottle of water, probably mixed with the weight-loss formula, and the way she kept checking herself out in the mirror—it was all obvious signs of anxiety.

"What the hell?" David wondered as Maddy continued to rip the paper apart and cry out when she threw the pieces on the floor. We were on our way to the cafeteria when we passed by the hall where Maddy's locker was located, not expecting to see her doing... this.

There was a crowd forming around her, watching but never really saying anything. Some of them, I recognized were from her party last weekend and I couldn't help but to frown at the smirks on their faces. Of course I harboured some hatred towards the girl, but these were her friends. I would have at least thought that they'd be helping her out. Then again, it wasn't as if Maddy was such a great friend to Lily in the first place. The fact that no one was coming for her comfort shouldn't have been a surprise.  

Cole followed David's eyes and a look of surprise was evident in his face when he saw Maddy fall on her knees and started crying.

I decided that it was my cue. I ran towards the girl, leaving Cole and David behind. I was, after all, supposed to be her friend.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pushing through the growing crowd.

Maddy looked at me, her big, blue eyes staring at me with such sadness that I almost wanted to smirk. I already knew why she was crying. At the rate she was going at it with the drink, it wouldn't be a surprise if none of her clothes fit her at all.

"Maddy?" I asked again, dropping on my knees so that we were standing in the same eye level. I placed a hand on her shoulder, hoping that it looked somewhat sympathetic and gave her a light squeeze.

She then wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight embrace, her tears flowing even more now. She was soaking my shirt and it was rather disgusting. Of all the days she picked to be not poise and pretty and be an overall, she picked the day when she's crying on my shoulder.

Hopefully I have another sweater in my locker.

She didn't stop her crying and she just kept going and going. It was starting to get ridiculous.

Maddy was suddenly pulled away from me, albeit reluctantly from her part and I felt someone pulling me up my feet. I looked up to see Cole holding onto Maddy as she cried on him and David holding me up by the arms.

"Come on," Cole growled once I got myself up and balanced. His voice was dangerously low, and his gaze incredibly intense.

He had an arm around the crying girl's shoulder, her face buried on his chest as she cried out, holding onto Cole's unbuttoned blazer. No one said anything as Cole led the way, glaring at everyone who dared to look at his way, while David and I followed behind.

It wasn't until there were no more spectators that he spoke. We were on the third floor, and no one would be around the area during lunch break. We were in front of a locked door, and I wondered why we stopped at this particular spot.

"David, get the keys," he stated, gritting his teeth. David nodded and left. "Penny, get some water, please."

"Right, okay," I muttered and ran down the stairs to the cafeteria to get some bottled water. I didn't expect Cole to do something like this. The look in his eyes was something I've never seen before. From what happened with Ellie and Tristan, Cole looked bothered with what has transpired, but with Maddy's meltdown, he seemed as if he was ready to kill.