Chapter Twenty: Mission

The Rogue’s Love

Chapter Twenty: Mission

“Cant we put it off? At least for a bit while longer? Few days max. Raikou’s sick, damn it!” Deidara growled at the orange haired man that easily towered over us all. With his blank set eyes, he showed no sign of mercy, not once flinching--even when the blonde was practically screaming in his face.

“You leave tonight,”

“Tonight?! That’s fu--”

“Deidara, please, stop.” I begged, not wanting Pein to hate me anymore than was necessary. He was, after all, the leader. If I became anymore of a nuisance, he could easily have me killed.

Deidara grunted, kicking at the ground disdainfully. “Fine.” Naturally, he only listed everyone insulting name under the sun he could possibly think of to associate with Pein. I only hoped the scary man wasn’t in earshot.

“You’re dismissed,”

Deidara wrapped an arm around my waist, helping me out of leader-sama’s quarters. Sasori quietly followed behind us, having not once spoken the entire time. Even for Sasori that was weird. He would usually be the one to intervene when Deidara was being….well, Deidara. I was surprised he let it get that far.

“Seriously, he’s been putting it off for months, now. What the hell would it matter if we waited for like, another week? Un.” He stopped walking for a moment, scooping me up in his arms.

“Deidara! Wh--”

“You walk too slow. Even for a sick person. Really, you’re not the walking dead.”

I scoffed, folding my arms over my chest. “I’m fine. Nothing is wrong with me.” I couldn’t even tell you how many times I’ve had to repeat that, just in the past hour.

“You mean to tell me you weren’t just puking up your guts as if your life depended on it? C’mon, Raikou. That’s not okay!”

“That was way earlier this morning! I’m fine, now!” I argued, not liking the treatment I was receiving. I’ve been wanting to go on this mission for as long as I could remember. Being a little ill was not going to stop me from going!

“That still doesn’t change the fact that it happened! Sasori, back me up on this, will you?” Sasori snapped out of his unprecedented thoughts, having only heard his name. What was wrong with him? Never before had he looked so…lost. He was always the level headed one. What happened?

He took a step closer, holding his arms out to the boisterous blonde. “Give her to me.” Deidara willingly complied, looking just as confused as I was. As soon as I had been secured, the red head walked away, leaving behind a fuming Deidara.

“What’s wrong?” I asked just as we reached his room, the small space the closest thing I had to a home. And, really, it was more comforting than my real home ever was.

Sasori gently set me on his bed, staring at me through vacant eyes. He’s never been so…distant. It scared me. “Sasori?”

“Raikou, how’s your stomach?”

“It’s fine! Really…”

He nodded, kneeling down so that we were on eye level.

“If you feel anything…strange, I need you to tell me.”

“What’s--”

“Just promise me.”

I gave a wry nod, “I promise.”

~                             ~                                  ~

I yawned, thankful for Deidara’s sculptures. For once. The fact that they could serve as some form of transportation, and I didn’t have to walk was truly a blessing. Dream come true.

Let’s just hope it doesn’t rain.

“Sasori, you came from Sunagakure, right?” I asked, propping myself up so that I could watch the two walking figures below me. I don’t understand why they chose walking when there was such a comfy bird up here.

“Yeah, so.” The puppet master grunted. His voice had grown abnormally deeper due to the disguise he was wearing. Well, to be put more accurately, the puppet he was wearing.

“Is that why you’re wearing…” I trailed off, not quite remembering the puppet’s name. I could almost hear him rolling his eyes.

“Part. Just go to sleep, Raikou. We probably won’t be there for another two days.”

“But, I’m hungry.” I complained, just now realizing the growing pain in my stomach. “And, I want something sweet. Like, really, really sweet.”

“No. Go to sleep.”

“I think she’s crying…” Deidara whispered, staring back at me with wide eyes. Sasori sighed, “Deidara, give her some fucking candy. This is going to be a LONG two days.”

~                           ~                                ~

About a million complaints, and few hours later, Deidara felt it was the time to rest. Meaning the tents were put up, and the food was passed around.

“How can one small girl….eat…so…fucking…much.” Both men were staring at the mountain of trash I had produced from my finished food, which completely dominated theirs.

“I was hungry,” I pouted, suddenly feeling self conscious. Was it really that much?

Sasori rolled his eyes, having thankfully taken off his ugly puppet. I had missed his face. And, more importantly, his voice.

“Come on, Raikou. We’re going to bed, now.” I followed him, grateful Deidara had brought his own tent. It would have been hell trying to sleep between the two of them.

“Sasori,” I purred, smiling at him. I may not have had the sexiest tactics, but Sasori knew what I wanted. And, really, he wasn’t the tell me no on this kind of thing.

“You’re not tired?” he asked skeptically, grasping me by the hips. His forehead pressed against mine, our hair mixing strands. Even now, I could say he still made me nervous, the butterflies seeming to make a permanent resident in my stomach.

“It’s almost been a month, you know.” He smirked, pulling at my shirt.

“Even with Deidara just a few yards away?”

“I’ll be quiet,” I pleaded, guiding his cloak off his shoulders. Only, I proved just how unlikely that would be as Sasori’s hands worked their magic against my skin, making strings of noises come out of my mouth.

The man’s voice rasped, making me forget anything about the third party, “Scream for me, will you?”

!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*!

I feel like this is one of those chapters where it’s like, “Dan was hungry. He drank milk. Dan then ate some cheese, and forgetting he was lactose and tolerant, proceeded to throw up on Jill.” I dunno. Still recovering from illness. Finals next week. |:

Me: Omg. Finals are coming up. One a few more weeks to see me my friends before we all go to different high schools.

Body: Lol. Let’s get her sick so she doesn’t know what’s on her tests, and her friends will forget about her.

Anyways…

Happy Readings~! ♥