Chapter Eight: Shopping

The Rogue’s Love

Chapter Eight: Shopping

“We should go shopping,” Jesshika sighed from her place on the couch, idly flipping through TV channels. Nothing good ever came on at this time of day. And really, there wasn’t anything else we could do. It’s not like she was a ninja, so we couldn’t exactly train.

I rolled over, resting my head on the couch cushions. “But, I don’t have any money,” She smiled, pulling out a wad of cash from the inside of her shirt, “I do,” she winked, making me blush. It was going to take awhile for me to get used to Jesshika, and how comfortable she was in her own skin. It definitely wasn't something I was used to seeing.

“Where’d that come from?” I asked, eyes almost popping out of my head. There was no way she could have all of that money. Didn’t she say she had been living off of the streets, nearly dying? You would think she could buy herself a decent meal or two.

She rolled her eyes at me. “You really are so dense, aren’t you? What do you think I did last night? I get paid for that, you know.” I had to say, it was a great way to invest in a lot of money. If you overlooked the fact that it was demeaning to one’s character, and people thought a lot less about you. But, the bundle of cash you got was definitely worth it. Not that you’d ever catch me dead dancing on one of those poles. Which, they still have yet to remove from the living room.

“Do you think we should get an escort, then?” She gave me a weird look, before laughing. “What do we need that for? You’re ninja, right? That should be enough.”

“But-”

“Oh, just c’mon. Even though I like being in Itachi’s clothes, I want something of my own. You know?”

I slightly frowned, getting a bad vibe. “Well, if you say so…”

She perked up, pulling me off of the couch. “I do! Now, let’s go!”

~                  ~                 ~

“What about this one?” Jesshika held up another skimpy dress to my body, trying to imagine me in it. I furiously shook my head. It wasn’t as showy as the other fifteen, but still enough that it made me uncomfortable. “What? Why? It’s cute!” She protested loudly, becoming frustrated with my constant rejections.

“It’s too revealing,”

“You say that about all of them!” She whined, sticking her lower lip out. I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing. I really hated shopping.

“Because, it’s true. Can’t I jus pick out my own clothes?”

“My money, my rules!” She childishly stuck her tongue out, giggling in delight. At this point, I wasn’t sure if the strong feelings that were beginning to bubble up in my chest were admiration, or loathing. Most likely the latter, though.