Chapter Two: The Leader

"Deidara," I sighed. "Please stop staring at me. It's getting really creepy..."

"But, you're so cute!" He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." His eyes sparkled, as he whipped out a digital camera. "Say cheese!" He sung, snapping a picture. I groaned, covering my face with my hand. Deidara giggled, staring at the picture. "Look at the face you're making! So. Freaking. Adorable."

"Sasori!" I whined. "Control this... this overly obsessive teammate of yours!" Deidara burst into tears.

"You're so mean, Rai-chan."

Sasori ignores us, trudging forward. "Why is he so eager to get there?" I wondered, aloud.

"He's very punctual."

"Well, you got over that quick..." He shrugged, playing with my hair.

"Stop that," I growled.

"Stop what?" I rolled my eyes at his obnoxious behaviour. "How long 'til we get there? I'm starving." Deidara's eyes widened as he jumped off of his bird thing, running to Sasori.

"Saucy! Raikou is hungry!" He ran circles around his teammate, flailing his arms. Sasori just kept walking as if this were a regular thing for him. And, by the looks of it, that was exactly the case.

"And? She's gonna have to wait until we get there."

"B-bu-but," Deidara blubbered, a fountain of tears pouring out of his eyes. "Wha-what if s-she d-dies? W-we can't let my R-Rai-chan die!"

"She's not gonna die. Calm down, we'll be there in five minutes."

The blonde sniffed back over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Saucy says you won't die, but I don't believe him. So, if you start losing your life, eat some tree bark. Maybe some grass, too."

"Dei--"

"Promise!"

I nodded, biting my lip. His over-reactions were the highlight of my day.  

~~~

Before actually getting to their hideout, they had blind folded me. Keeping me like this until we were far inside the dark building.

"Watch your back here. If you let your guard down, there's a high chance that you'll be killed. If you're attacked: scream. Deidara will save you." I gulped.

"And if he's not close by?"

"You'll die," Sasori said this with no emotion, showing that this did not effect him in the slightest. If I were to die, he would neither mourn nor rejoice. I would just be dead to him. I was insignificant, in more way than one.

"Way to make me feel worthless." I grumbled, slouching my shoulders.

"You are," he shrugged.

"Stop being so mean, Saucy!" Deidara whined, hugging me. "It's okay, Rai-chan, you're not worthless. He may not show it, but Sasori likes you!" He sang. I rolled my eyes. Was this supposed to flatter me?

We suddenly stopped in front of a large door. "Keep your mouth shut, and you'll be fine. Understood?" I nodded my head, afraid of the upcoming events.

I suddenly felt comfort in Deidara's embrace, but opted holding his hand, instead. I wanted their leader to like me. And, strangely enough, I felt like I was meeting my in-laws for the first time.

"What if he doesn't like me?" I whispered.

"Don't take it personal," Deidara whispered back. "I don't think he likes anyone."

"That's comforting." I rolled my eyes. Glad to know I could always resort to sarcasm. He shrugged, and Sasori opened the door.

The room was plain, enough. From what I could tell. It was dimly lit by only a candle, burning at the edge of a chair. In the chair sat a man's silhouette. His features weren't too clear, but I could plainly see multiple piercings covering his face. Well, he seems like a nice guy.

"Pein," Sasori called. "We've located the jinchuriki." the man rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, because that was soo hard to do. It's not like he is the Kazekage or anything." He taunted. Sasori awkwardly cleared his throat.

"We've also made an elaborate plan to infiltrate the village."

"Very well. Coming from the village, you are the best suited for this mission. You'll see to it in a week's time. When you leave, bring your pet with you." He clarified, referring to me as the pet.

Sasori groaned, but didn't respond. I stood there awkwardly, waiting for someone to explain to me what was happening. But, we all just stood there in complete silence. That was, until someone burst through the door.

"Pein!" she whined. "Hidan is trying to sacrifice people in the kitchen, again." Pein sighed, getting up from his chair. "Excuse me," he nodded, following the girl with blue hair.

When we were alone, I felt a lot more comfortable, and let go of Deidara's hand. It felt as if someone had lifted a huge weight off of my chest.

"Can y'all explain to me what's happening? Because, I have no earthly clue."

Deidara opened his mouth to speak, but Sasori cut him off. "Deidara, can you go prepare your pet a bed? I'm sure you don't want her sleeping on the floor." the blonde perked up, eager to do something for me. He ran off, yelling something about my cuteness, and how everyone were to make me feel as welcome as possible.

"What are y'all planning to do to Gaara?" I pressed. Sasori sat on the floor, beckoning me to sit beside him.

"Nothing much. Just extract the one-tail demon from his body."

"Would that hurt him?"

"Oh, no. Just kill." I gasped.

"Why would you do this?"

Sasori smiled, his small, secretive smile. Which was definitely one of the sexier attributes of this man.  

"For the higher purposes of evil, of course." 

~*~*~*~*~*|*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-Is on iPod. Excuse mistakes. (: 

-Likes pie.  

Something strange happened to me, today. But, let me say the short version. I mysteriously found two && a half year old twin boys in my yard. Turns out, they lived across the street. I'm so surprised they didnt get run over, or something. But, they were soooooo cute ! Don't worry, I returned them safely to their mom (: