Chap.1: Morning shift

In a rather nice house in a more calm and peaceful area, not too far from Beach City, was the home of Sadie. She lived in that house with her mother, having not seen her father in almost fifteen years. It wasn't that he had walked out on her and her mother, or anything, but when her parents divorced he seemed to disappear. Though it didn't bother Sadie too much, she never did get to know him because of all his "business trips". ANYWAY!!

The house was clean and well taken care of with no trash or dust in sight. Her mother and Sadie both hade a tendency to clean whenever they had arguments. Both losing their tempers quickly and both not wanting to continue a pointless argument they cleaned. Sure, Sadie wasn't the violent type and hated arguing with her mother but sometimes it happened. Especially when her mother tried to convince her to quit the Big Donut and work a job that would 'prepare her for the future'. Of course, Sadie ignored her words and continued to work there but, it didn't stop the arguments.

Today was Monday and that meant one thing for dear old Sadie, the morning shift. You see, on certain days of the week Sadie and Lars work the evening shifts and other times they apply for over time. When they get over time instead of staying later they come much earlier and today was their 'overtime'. But, as many know it's easier said then done when it comes to waking up early. Waking up in the morning was difficult for anyone really and Sadie was no different. Her alarm went off once, twice, three times before suddenly her mother was practically banging down her door.

"SADIE!! SAAAADDDIIIEEE!! GET UP THIS INSTANT AND TURN OFF THAT BLASTED ALARM BEFORE I COME IN THERE AND DO IT MYSELF", the voice of her mother bellowed from behind the door.

A typical way for the two to start the morning up. The banging made her sigh as she sat up, knowing she couldn't ignore her mother long. Her mother was a very determined person by nature and a very violent person in the morning, not the best combination really. Sadie also knew that it was inevitable for her to turn off the alarm and that she would have to wake up, she had to get to work. Without a car it was hard getting there and Sadie hated the thought of being late. Sadie sat up and stretched, groaning at the small cracks and pops she hears. Her hand then slams down on her alarm, silencing the constant beeping and shrieking of it.

"ALRIGHT MOM! I'M UP! JUST GO BACK TO BED, OKAY", Sadie hollered back through the door, rubbing her hand slightly remembering how hard her alarm was.

Sadie waited a few moments before hearing her mother speak up once more ,"Fine, just turn the volume down next time! We don't need to be waking the neighbors again. We definitely don't need anymore complaints from them either."

The sound of footsteps moving away from her door made Sadie smile to herself, shaking her head at her mother. The only reason that the neighbors complained last time about being woken up was because of her yelling. Yelling was the norm for Sadie's mother and even after six years beside them her neighbors never seemed to get over the fact. She was such a loud and easily annoyed person, it made many people wonder how Sadie could be so subdued at times.

Anyone would see that Sadie didn't have the typical teenage room. It was clean and organized with two computers in her room, two filing cabinets, and a bookcase for her studies. No posters or pictures hung on the wall -though she kept a few by her computers-, no stickers, and she never made a move to put any on. Anyone would look at the room and say that she was a total nerd. But she wasn't a nerd and she wasn't a slacker either. Sadie worked hard and did it all with a smile.

Sadie got up and walked to the closet, quickly changing into a pair of comfortable jeans, a pale pink tank top, a short sleeve blue shirt, her new blue sneakers, and her coat. It may have been summer but being at Beach City enough Sadie knew she needed to be cautious of any harsh sea breezes.