Tattoo Kisses

He looks...ADORABLE.

Derek came from work at 5 in the morning. And as soon as he came in the bedroom, he hit the bed and instantly fell asleep. It's a good thing that he took off his clothes except for his boxers before laying on the bed. Otherwise he would have went to bed with his work clothes on. 

I am an early riser and I had woken up to start my day. I didn't realize he was home until he put his arm around my waist. I turn my head and see him asleep. I smile gently looking at him and his cute yet handsome face. I quietly get out of bed, lay a blanket on top of his body and get ready to start my day.

When I'm done getting ready, I exit our bathroom and go to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Derek isn't very picky with food, especially breakfast. He comes from work, all tired, so he feels hungry when he wakes up from his nap. And when he is hungry, he will eat anything I cook for him. I decide to make scrambled eggs, pancakes, and some turkey bacon.

By 7, I had made breakfast and done some errand around the house. I decided to go upstairs and wake Derek up for breakfast. However I stop at the threshold of our bedroom door and just take a look at Derek.

He is laying on his stomach, sprawled all over the bed.

Derek has muscles on him. He has the abs, biceps, and packs. And right now, you could see the outline of his back from where I am standing. And my eyes could not leave the tattoo he had on his back. He had a tattoo of a set of wings at the top center of his back where his thoracic spine is located. Derek had gotten this tattoo when he turned 18. 

It wasn't that he had the tattoo when he was 18 because he could get the freedom from his parents. He had that tattoo to symbolize his independence and the free will to go outside the world and discover. 

He looks so calm, sleeping there with a his mouth open slightly. I start giggling when I see that. I slowly walk across the room and quietly, like a mouse, get in the bed. I get on the right side of the bed so I can see his back and he is facing the other direction, towards the outside of the bed. I hover over him, checking first that he did not wake up from my steps. Then I slowly place my hand on his tattoo. I start tracing the wings over and over again. I first go slowly and hesitantly, not wanting to wake him up. When I realize that he won't, I become more comfortable and trace his wings. 

He starts squirming a little bit. I stop tracing. Then there is no movement. When I know for sure he will not wake up, I slowly go lower. I place my hands on his shoulder blades and place my lips on his tattoo. I feel him tense, however this time I do not stop. 

I kiss his tattoo multiple times and then just stay there, enjoying his warmth and the silence. 

"Why did you stop?" I gasp, shocked that he is even awake. Usually through the noises I make around the house like cooking and vacuuming, he never wakes up from it. However today I am shocked. 

"I thought you were sleeping."

"Well, when you are giving me such a sweet treatment, how can I fall sleep?" I could feel him smirking. 

"If you want I could stop." I start getting up from on top of him. Suddenly, Derek turns and gets a hold of my arms. He puts me on top of him and I place my hands on his chest. 

"I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay. Right here. Close to me."

I put my head underneath his chin. He holds me tightly. Derek closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. 

"I love coming back to my home...to you."

I smile at his comment and just close my eyes. 

"I love you, my beautiful wife."

"I love you, Derek."