Hope in the Library

I entered the library in eagerness to find her. I went through each aisle trying to locate her. Whenever I would go to an aisle, I would hope it's her. But then I would have my heart shattered.

   It's all my fault. I shouldn't have doubted her. So stupid of me to assume that she was cheating on me. Sometimes I question myself. Why did I leave her?

   I still remember that look she had when I asked her to leave. That hurt and pain. Whenever I remember that expression, it makes me want to kick myself. Why did I ever listen to an outsider and suspect on her? She never gave me a chance to question her loyalty. Yet here I believe someone not reliable and throw away the best thing that ever happened to me.

   While having these thoughts in my mind, I smell a vanilla scent. The same scent that always pulled me to her. The same scent that always had me holding her in my arms as in I could absorb her smell.

   With a pint of hope, I turn into the fiction aisle. And there she is.

   Her back is towards me. Her brown hair is in a ponytail, she never has her hair down. She was always self-conscious of herself. However, every day I would tell her how beautiful she is. I see that she is trying to put the books in their rightful places. She loves books and the library. Every day, I would find her in the library either reading or shelving books. It is something that she truly enjoys.

   She is on the ladder and trying to put the last book back. She has her eyebrows joined together and thinks where does that last book go. At last, her search is over. The only problem is that she has to stretch herself across, in order to put the book away. In the process, her foot is misplaced on the ladder and she falls backward.

But before she hits the hard floor, I catch her bridal style in my arms and hold her tightly. She has her eyes closed and her arms around my neck. Very slowly she opens her eyes and I met with black eyes. I could see the surprised look on her face.

She is shocked to see me. Why wouldn't she? I came back to get her. I bet she wasn't expecting that.

   I look into her eyes and hold her closer. She looks at me with confusion and has a questioning look.

   I pull her closer and whisper to her, "I'm not letting go of you again. Ever."