Chapter 10 - Saving Earth

We continued through time waiting for the right moment..... literally!!! When it came I was ready. I knew what to do and I just wanted to do it and get back to my life!

"Now, we need to keep the future as we knew it but changing the part with the whole Earth being destroyed, naturally!" Baffle said as we left the time portal. We were back in the chamber of King Gareth and a shiver ran down my spine. The evil king turned to us and roared with anger.

"THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE!!!!" the hatred in his voice was terrifying. The wise old man shuffled over to us and placed his wrinkled hands on my stomach. He knew what was happening because I was no longer pregnant. He smiled at me and placed one hand over my heart. At that moment I saw an image in my head. It was me, Coady, Alice, Baffle, some wolves and a happy atmosphere. Then I was one sentence and it was;

This is the future!

I smiled at the man. I didn't know who he was. It was obvious he was important, I could tell by the way Baffle always bowed to him and as we all know Baffle doesn't bow! When I asked I was grateful that he didnt mind me asking.

"I am Professer Ambleson and I am the leader of The Midnight Ellite. I am the one who chose you, Jo Ellson, to be Earth's saviour and I am the one who chose Coady Lewis to be your protector. and now I will never regret my decision!" His voice was strong with wisdom and age. I didn't inquire anymore. I needed to keep my head straight and so I nodded, bowed and turned to King Gareth. It was time to kick ass!!!

A rotten zombie ran towards us but Baffle took him out clean - 1 swipe and his head was rolling on the floor. King Gareth roared and ordered an attack on us! More zombies and wolves tried to assainate us but they simpley couldn't. We were too good! I hadn't noticed that Coady had a dufflebag with him but he threw it on the floor and unzipped it to reveal guns (off all different sizes and power), knives (of all different , bats and wolfspain. He handed me a shot gun and told me to remember 'double-tap'. I was also given a few wolfspain granades for good measure!

I was set. As the various figures flew towards me I took them out and was totally kicking ass!!! Soon enough we had defeated the zombies and wolves, sparing 5 of the wolves because they had been chained up for rebelling against King Gareth. Professer Ambleson provided them with a time portal straight to the time before we came here and then he departed to go back to his home to train the rest of The Ellite. That left me, Coady and Baffle against King Gareth. The King pushed me and Coady to the cold marble ground where Coady put his arms around me and looked into my eyes. I did the same but my fingers knotted into Coady's gorgeous hair where as his hands were on my waist.

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?! NOW?? YOU'RE DOING THIS WHOLE LOVE SCENE THING NOW?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! WHAT.....THE.....FREAKING.....HELL?!?!?!?!?!" Baffle's screeching voice was higher than King Gareth's angered roar. She was right though, we shouldn't be doing this now. I got up and pulled Coady with me. I stood at the centre of the room with Coady and Baffle flanking each side of me. We faced the rotten king, excuse the pun, as he lunged for us. Baffle launched a wolfspain granade at him to stall him for a moment while Coady pulled out a shotgun. He put 5 black crystal bullets into it.

All at once the king was heading for us again and I was being dragged away from Coady by Baffle. I fought against her wanting to stand next to Coady. Baffle pulled me out of the room as I heard 5 shots and watched as some sickly red blood oozed from the bottom of the door.

"COADY!!!!!!" I screamed a bloodcurdling scream. I sobbed onto Baffle's shoulder. A pair of strong wound around my waist so I screamed Coady's name again.

"Yes?" I heard from behind me. It was Coady's arms! My heart fluttered, beating a thousand times a minute.

"Oh Coady!!!!!" I squealed with delight. I turned in his arms and crushed my lips on his. It felt better knowing that he was the one to survive! I dont know how long we were kissing but I know it gave Baffle time to open a portal, go through, pick up Alice, come back, close the portal and open another portal back to the time we were to return to.

"If you two are finished....... lets get home!" Baffle said but she smirked as she did. Her ears flicked back and forth because she was happy. Her tail was in her one of her hands while the other glided across it. She was juat that simple (i meant her life not her mind). Coady took Alice from Baffle and held my hand as the 4 of us made our way home! Everything was good again