Chapter 3 - Explanations

I woke in a warm room on a bed that definatley wasn't mine! Where am I?? Where ever it was it was was probably the cause of that strange dream. Why would I even dream of that?!?! Am I that messed up in the head?!?!?! AND WHERE THE HELL AM I?!?!?!?!?!?! I looked around to a room painted blood red with black everything else. Whos house is this?? And does anyone know im here?? There were so many qusetions in my head and I wondered if any of them would be answered in the near future! There were a few snap shots of people, all posing in a casual family type way,  I didn't know but I strangley recognised. Were they new to the area or something??? OH GOD!! PLEASE GOD NO!!!! There was an inscription on the frame ............. ' The Lewis'!!!!!!!!!!

I must have stared at it for at least five miniutes before I was actually able to think of the name that meant it was all true!! It wasn't just a sick dream I made up in my twisted head. Mum..... Dad......... they were all gone!! Pain flooded over me and I felt like I had just jumped into a pool of ice!! What would I do now?? I wasn't ready for any of this crap!! I didn't want to believe it! I wouldn't believe it! But how could I not?? My family was gone and I had a hole in my heart the size of mars! Coady Lewis was the only person I had and I had spoken to the boy once!!!!! What did I ever do? Sure! I was a badass and I didn't derserve luxaries but I definatley did NOT deserve this to happen!!!!!

"Hey there sleepy head" A voice from the left of me. Hmmmmm, guess who .......... Coady! He was sat in a pair of board shorts and a tight chest! He was so HOT!! I could see every gorgeous section of his impossible body........ Oh crap am I drooling?? By the way he laughed I decided to take it as a yes. Oh god!!

"Er hey Coady.... it wasnt a dream was it??" My voice was jumping between octives as i spoke. He was still looking at me. It was then that I looked down to find I was still in the same blood-stained PJ's and my long brown hair was matted and tangled as it cascaded down my back with a shiny red casing on it. Coady sat on the edge of the huge double bed that now had blood all over it. He handed me some clothes that were obviously miles to big for me! I didn't care though I just wanted to get out of these damn clothes!!!!

"wheres the bathroom........ of course that is if you dont mind me using your shower!" I really needed to wash as I could still feeling the thick red liquid that oozed from my family's corpses all over me! Coady showed me the way and how to work everything.

The time I was showering was heavenly. I cleaned the gunk out of my hair. Repeating this over and over and over. I washed my whole body over and over and over. When I felt cleaner I got out and found a note on the side next to a huge bag of various stuff. Stuff that are basic human needs like tooth brush and paste.....brush.....wipes......oh god underwear in my exact size HOW THE HELL......?!!?!?!?!  I brushed my teeth and re-washed my face. I dressed in the things Coady had given me and I realised that it was a simple pair of denim jeans(3 sizes to big) and a t shirt(either 5 or 6 sizes to big). I brushed my hair with a calming, but rythmic, fashion that reminded me of when Marylin used to do this for me as a little girl. I walked back to Coady's room, I think, with tears rolling down my face. He took in my crying and my appearence as I stood in the door. Coady gestured me to sit down on the bed so I perched on the edge of the silk sheets and let the tears come. I didn't know if he felt he had to but I was suddenly aware of Coady's arms incasing me and hugging me close to his perfect body. I curled myself towards him and cuddled closer letting him confort me. Coady stroked my still damp hair and told me its okaay and its all alright. Of course I knew this wasn't true but in that moment it was just what I needed. I looked up to meet his face right next to mine. His blue eyes burned into mine. Showing me secrets I needed to know but I didn't know them yet. It made me feel secure and I realised I hadn't even thanked Coady for saving my life and then I realised I didn't know how he did it! I stared at him and then I did something I thought I would never do.............

I kissed him! I just leaned towards him and kissed him!! When I stopped I stared, eyes wide, at him and apologised over and over:

"Oh god! I'm sorry you must have girls fall all over you all the time!!!" I waffled on and on and on until I was abrutly stopped with a kiss from Coady. "I don't mind if its you Jo! You're not like others... You're special!!" The hug I recived then was slightly more comfortable than before but it was me who was uncormfortable. I didnt know this boy so why did I feel like I had known him since the I was in my crib?!?! Coady Lewis you have some explaining to do!!!!!!!

I looked at him with questioning eyes and I knew he knew what I wanted to know. "okaay so here's the thing!" he said suddenly serious. Coady explained it all....

He told me about how the family I grew up with wasnt my family! I was adopted as a baby and my biological parents were decendant from The Midnight Ellite. A special family that were born to save the Earth from paranormal occurances. I was the only remaining decendant. I was the only one who could save the Earth from certain failure!! Coady also explained that he had been watching over me throughout my life and that he was my protector. I had a choice to make as well but I couldn't know that choice until I was ready whatever that meant!

I sat calmly as I took this all in. When the explanation was over and I fully understood I felt a strange surge of pleasure because of course I knew this!! Memories of seeing the books everywhere I went flooded back along with memories of Coady but of course I knew him by different names! The main name I was thinking of was Danny. I told Coady of my epithany and he just held me close and told me that me saying that made him so happy!! I was glad.

We sat in our embrace for numerous miniutes until a young girl (no more than 21) walked in.

"Hi, you must be Jo! It's great to meet you at last! this one hasn't give over talking about you! Oh where are my manners?!?! I'm Baffle Smith and yes I'm a kitsune!!!"