Chapter 22 Going Home

The only editing I have done on this chapter was a quick spell check lol. so please point out any mistakes Thanks

Chapter 22

(Going home)

Ari's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling like complete and utter shit. After Caleb walked out of my room, I cried like a little baby. What was I thinking? Uhhh I am never drinking again, I never would have confronted him sober. Maybe it was for the best though, how long was I going to continue being his little fling. I still can't believe he hooked up with that chick and then came to me once everyone left.

It just hurts thinking he see's me no different than one of his many sluts. How could I have been so wrong about his feelings for me? I know what I heard that first night at the hotel when he said he loved me, but I guess it just wasn't the same way I love him.

This really sucks, how am I going to face him today? I need to just take some time to myself, but that's a little difficult when I both live and work for the same person I want to avoid.

Hmm maybe I should just go home for a few days, we should be pretty slow in the office, as long as I’m back by Wednesday it should be fine.

Making up my mind I started packing enough stuff for the next four days . After a long shower I finally emerged from my room. I was dreading seeing Caleb this morning, to feel the awkward tension I knew would be there.

As I made my way through the house to the kitchen I was both a little happy and a little sad that he was nowhere to be found. Maybe he's still in bed I thought.

As I came up to the coffee maker I saw an envelope with a sticky note on it. I was surprised to see it was from Caleb, he sure left early this morning. Peeling off the sticky note it read.

Ari, I had to leave early to go see my father, I have a lot I need to talk to him about. I'm not sure what time I will be home, but It will probably be late. I know we need to talk but I’m just not good with words so I wrote everything I couldn't say last night in the letter,I hope you can understand. See you soon. Caleb

I thought about reading the letter but I just couldn't deal with any more rejection. I really didn't need an explanation, I got the message loud and clear when he walked out of my room last night.

Crumbling it up I was about to toss it when something made me stop. So instead I smoothed it back out and took it to my room to put in my night stand with the many letters I had gotten from Kyle when I was away at college and his last letter,his goodbye.

It's probably not healthy for me to keep these things but I just haven’t been able to let them go either. I haven’t read Kyle's goodbye since the night I got it,but I have kept it near me as a reminder of sorts, not of the monster he had become, but of the boy I had once loved with every inch of my heart and soul.

I looked around my room one last time before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. Time to go home. I might be twenty two but I really just needed my mommy right now.

Caleb's P.O.V.

The whole two hour drive home, well to my dads it hasn't felt like home to me in many years, all I could do was think of Ari. What was she doing had she gotten my letter, did she except my apology or did she even read it?

I know if it was me I would have just tossed it, after being rejected the way I had her. Why the hell did I do that? “Fuck man you love her” I yelled to myself. Hopefully by the end of the night things would be the way they should.