Chapter 23

"You don't think that's weird at all?" I bounce my leg on the metal bleacher below me.

"I think he does things differently" Liam shrugs.

I search my mind for any reason why Louis had been withholding our first kiss. 

"Its been months, Li. Months. That's not normal is it? I mean, we've exchanged 'I Love You's' for goodness sake!"

"Maybe your breath stinks" Liam adds.

Liam's comment is met with a swift slap the chest.

"I'm kidding" He laughs "Just ask him. There's a rhyme or reason i'm sure".

"Oh yes that's what I'll do. Hey Louis, I want to look as desperate as possible and ask you why you haven't kissed me yet" A display a phony smile.

"Yeah, you don't want to be an adult and discuss your issues. That would be the worst" Liam retorts.

"It's not an issue" I reply 

"Of course not, that's why you've been talking about it for the last half hour instead of watching your daughters last soccer game."

"Go Belle!" I yell, remembering the reason why I'm sitting in these most uncomfortable bleachers. "Ya know I don't really get the point of this when there are no goalies"

"I have said that at least once a game this whole soccer season" Liam says "Have you really paid no attention to what I've been saying at all these past few months?"

"Well the soccer coach is kinda' hot. I get distracted" I shrug

I decide to ignore the stare that Liam is burning into my skull and watch my little girl scamper across the field.

The final whistle blows, sending a handful of flushed cheek munchkins towards us.

I hand Belle a blue Gatorade before Louis calls the team into a huddle.

"Great season kiddos" Louis begins his end of the game speech.

"Now is your time" Liam says.

"No" I say firmly.

"Well if you don't I will" He says.

"No" I say even more firmly than before.

"You can't tell me what to do" Liam says.

"If you get up from these bleachers I swear on your life, I'll-"

"Hey wait a minute you can't swear on my life" Liam presses a hand to his chest "That's not how that works"

"Well if you go ask Louis-"

"Ask Louis what?" Belle hops on the bleachers, her cleats produce a clang as her feet hit the metal.

"Nothing" I reply quickly.

"She wants to know why he hasn't kissed her yet" 

I fail to wrap my hands around Liam's mouth before his words escaped.

"Oh I'll ask" Belle leaves as quickly as she came.

"Belle no!" I watch as my daughter makes her way to make a complete idiot out of me.

I turn to Liam who now holds a satisfied smile.

"I will literally kill you. Chop you up. In tiny little pieces then burn the remains and scatter your ashes all around Maine." I turn away from him and aggressively wrap myself tighter in my coat.

"Well that's a bit extreme" Liam says

"Lacie" Louis calls.

I reluctantly turn around.