Chapter 31: Unknown caller became my soulmate.

My eyes snapped open, only for me to blink a few times to adjust to the light.

Where am I?

I looked at my arm to see something connected to it.

"Okay?" I said, unsure of what to say.

I looked around and saw Xander's head on my thigh.

I hit his head, hard.

He yelped and fell off his chair.

"Y-you're awake!" He exclaimed and trapped me in a bone crushing hug.

"So are you!" I replied and pushed him, "Now get off me, I can't breathe."

"Sorry," he said and sat back down.

"Where am I?" I asked him.

"In the hospital." He replied.

"What?!" I exclaimed, "Get these things off me, Xander!"

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Please." I said, my eyes pleading.

"I'll call the doctor." He said and exited the room.

I controlled my breathing but that didn't stop memories from flooding to my mind like a tsunami.

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples, "Relax. You're sixteen, not eleven."

Tears welled up in my eyes when I opened them.

"Who am I kidding? I won't get over that incident- if that's what you call it." I said with a giggle.

"I'm talking to myself. They should've taken me to an asylum instead of a hospital." I told the air.

I remember a friend that told me to hug the air once when I was reading a horror book.

I snorted at the memory.

The door opened and a brunette who had her hair tied up in a bun and blue eyes behind those round glasses entered wearing a nurse's uniform.

"How are you feeling, Dayana?" She asked with a smile.

"Like crap. I bet I wouldn't be feeling that if you get me out of here." I replied.

She looked at my health report, or what seemed like it.

"Have you eaten anything since this morning?" She asked me.

"Come to think of it, I didn't eat dinner last night and I didn't eat breakfast this morning." I replied sheepishly.

"Why is that? You fainted because of lack of food." She told me.

"But I ate bread." I whined.

"How many loaves?" She asked.

"Half." I replied.

She shook her head while I giggled.

"I'll ask Nurse Summers to get you something to eat. Make sure you eat it all, understand?" She asked me.

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

I don't wanna eat!

Yes you do!

Shut up stomach! Plus, after seeing a mosaic of dead rats and stabbing a person at least ten times, would you still have appetite?

My stomach growled and I started to look for food.

Okay, maybe I still do have an appetite.

"I'm hopeless." I said with a giggle.

I hear the chorus of Twenty Øne Piløt's The Judge, A.K.A. my ringtone.