Chapter Nine

They all proceeded off the boat. Willy once again helped Erika off. They stared at a huge luminous sign saying 'Inventing Room'. Willy's lips curled into a smile as he pushed the Inventing Room door open and led them inside.                                                                

"Now this is the most important room in the entire factory!" exclaimed Willy.                                                    

Charlie looked around. The room was mostly made out of metal, filled up with all sorts of weird machines. Each one made its own individual sound or action. Erika thought Wow this room hasn't changed from 10 years ago sure it had a few new inventions but it didn't look any different                            

"This, you see, is the room where I create all of my candies. That's why it's so important, and that's why I brought you here." Said Willy                                                                              

"Feel free to look around, but please, don't touch anything! Okay?"                                                                       

Everyone nodded and then scattered around to explore the room. Charlie listened and just looked around at some of the invention. There were so many things to see. Charlie walked over to a funny-looking machine and Erika wandered over in another direction. Willy looked at her. She seemed really interested in some of the new machines. His hands were shaking as he tried to muster up the courage to go talk to her again. No one else was near them so this should be the perfect time.                                               

"So if you work in a candy store…you must like candy huh?" he asked her.                                          

She turned around to face him. He only just noticed how beautiful and bright her eyes were.                    

"I absolutely love it. The look, the smell…especially the taste." she laughed. Willy smiled and she added teasingly knowing how annoyed he got when she kept apologizing for the power outage "It seem some of the machines been here since we were friends and again I'm sorry for blowing the fuse all those years ago" He rolled his eyes "Erika what did I say about that" She smiled "To stop your already forgiven i know I just like annoying you" He narrowed his eye playfully but she continued "anyway you see with the upbringing Charlie had he only gets chocolate on very rare occasion. But that only made the both of us love it even more." beamed Erika. "I've even…don't worry."                                                                            

"What?" said Willy.                                                                         

"This might sound stupid but knowing you it doesn't now like it didn't back then… sometimes I even make my own stuff at the store when there's loose inventory." she blushed. Willy was amazed by this but then he remembered one of the flavors she gave him for his chocolates.                                                

"Hey Mr. Wonka What's this?" asked Violet, he gum snapping seemed to be getting louder every time she opened her big mouth. "Oh let me show you" answered Willy, walking over to Violet and Mike. Charlie met up with his mother again and followed. A Oompa Loompa handed him a large red ball "These are everlasting gobstoppers there for kids who have little to no allowance you can suck on them for a whole year and they never get any smaller"