Chapter One

After a long day, Erika checked the Clock above her. Finally it was time to leave. She said Goodbye to her Anika and put her apron on the hook. She was so happy to leave. She loves working at Fathingham's Candy Store and it was a fantastic job but at the end of the day Erika just wanted to get home to her family. As she walked the snowy pathways of Cherry Street, her long brown hair was flowing in the wind. She wrapped her tattered scarf a little tighter around her neck. God bless her grandmother for knitting it for her.                                                                         

She walked passed Willy Wonka's Factory and paused by the large gate and whispered to herself "Whatever happened to you my dear Willy why don't you ever come out like you use to. You should see your son he has your violet eyes and my brown hair I just wish he knew I'm his mother and not his sister" The night air was settling in so she quickly walked away through the snow and up to the tiny crooked house where she and her family lived.                                                                      

"Sorry I'm late." she said putting her bag on the chair.                                                                   

"How was work" her mother, Mrs. Bucket, asked from the kitchen.                                                                        

"Same as usual, there was some extra inventory, so Rose let me work in the kitchen. I brought home something for after dinner." replied Erika. She walked over to the table where her 10 year old son was doing his homework. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and gave him a hug.                                

"Hey Charlie, how was school?" she asked.                                                                         

"Alright." he replied. Erika walked over to the large bed in the middle of the room, where her grandparents were. She said hello to each of them and gave them a kiss before helping her mother in the kitchen with dinner. A few moments later her father came home from work.                                                  

"Evening Bucket's." he said from the doorway.                                                                 

"Evening" replied the adults.                                                                     

"Hi Dad." said the kids Erika wished Charlie didn't have to call his grandfather Dad but oh well. Mr. Bucket walked over and gave his wife and daughter a kiss on the cheek.                                                                

"I don't suppose there's anything to add to dinner?" asked Mrs. Bucket subtly. Mr. Bucket shook his head before walking over and sitting at the table with his grandson.                                                                 

"Charlie. I think I have something you might like." he said, pulling a couple of deformed toothpaste caps out of his pocket.                                                                               

"It's just what I needed!" exclaimed Charlie. He raced over to a cupboard and pulled out his Wonka's Chocolate Factory model. Erika walked over to her mother "I'm telling Charlie the day before his birthday I really his mother you're not stopping me this time it hurts that he doesn't call me Mom" She said "Alright I think you're old enough now to tell him your right its time he knows the truth"