Chapter Seventeen

He led her to the library and sat down placing her on his lap. Willy held Erika in his arms letting her cry until she could shed tears no more. He looked at my father silently asking him for something to calm her. He read Willy's expression and got him a cup of tea for her. He placed the cup into her hand and raised it to her mouth she swallowed a little and said in a shaky voice "I should ... I should have known how he would have reacted to the news of who his father was I mean I'm his mother" Willy knew he was going regret asking this but he had to know who Charlie's father was "Erika who exactly is Charlie's father?" She mumbled something.                                                                                       

He asked "What" She sighed and got off his lap for some reason and moved over to the window and she turned to face him after a few minutes of standing there "Willy remember the night you propose to me" He nodded but wasn't sure where she was going with this "Remember what we did that night" He nodded and began to blush at that vivid memory she continue "remember how I was sick each morning and only in the morning"                                                                                              

"Yeah" Willy answered she actually had him worried a few mornings when she was extremely sick. She continued "Willy about a month after you closed the factory I decided to go to the doctor's and he told me what the problem was. Willy Charlie is your son" his eyes widened in shock he froze and was frozen for quite some time. She said "Willy Please say something anything" He said in his state of shock "I'm a Dad" She said "Yes Willy you're a father" Then he beamed He picked her up and spun her around she laughed. He put her down and wrapped his arms around her from behind.                                                         

Erika said "Didn't you realize he had your eyes, hair and facial features" He said with a smile since he did notice but chose to ignore them "I did realize it but I didn't know why he did so I ignored it except for the eyes of course those were hard to ignore" She asked quietly "So you're not mad at me for keeping it from you" he shook his head "no I'm not mad shocked maybe but not mad. It was my fault I forgot everything that happened between me and you"                                                                                  

"No it wasn't it was the factory's fault" she smiled and he laughed. Dr. Wonka came in and said "You guys can stay here tonight since the storm is picking up Willy you guys can sleep in your old room" Willy nodded and Erika asked "Do you have something I can wear to bed tonight" Wilbur Nodded and said "I still have my dear Whitney's nightgowns you can barrow one of hers I'll put it in the room" Erika said "While you do that I'll get supper ready" Wilbur said "you don't have to do that my dear" She said stubbornly "I want to though" Wilbur looked at his son silently asking him for help and he slightly shook his head as if saying don't-bother-she-more-stubborn-then-the-both-of-us . His father slightly nodded and said in a defeated voice "Okay then" and he left the room.                                                                                          

Her and Willy walked to the kitchen she was only bringing Willy so he can help her find stuff and to talk to him. By the time supper was ready Charlie returned thoroughly shaken. Erika ran over "Charlie" she yelled "can someone get me a blanket and get some soup he's freezing" Charlie stuttered "I...understand...why...you...hid...it...from...an d...while...I'm...still...upset...I...forgive...yo u" Erika Cried in relief "Oh Charlie"...