chapter 5

Weekend had started! YEAH! This week had been too long for me and i really felt the need of relaxing and having time for myself.

My mother wasn’t at home when I arrived. I was used to be alone because she was a doctor and she almost everyday had an emergency at the hospital and had to leave.

Even though, I didn’t blame her for that. She loved her work and I was so pleased to see her happy that I couldn’t complain.

Besides, this way I had plenty of time on my own and I loved that.

I decided that I was going to do nothing that afternoon.  I changed clothes, made pop corns, chocolate ice-cream and I lied on the sofa to watch some TV. Fortunately, there were plenty of films to choose. I finally decided to watch ‘The Notebook’, which had just started. How cheesy no? 

After two hours the film finished and my food did too. Tomorrow I would’ve to go running and exercise myself if I didn’t want to look like a cow.

I didn’t have any friends to hang out with or chat, so I went upstairs and had a relaxing bath.

I decided to play music so that the house wouldn’t be so quiet.  If I die young, by The Band Perry

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8W6hYGZ0E)

When I finished I went to my lovely room and looked out through the window. It was dark, but I could still see the landscape. There was a lake not too far away, and next to it a great forest. The path started just under my window. Tomorrow morning I would go and see were that path went, but for today I had had enough.  I turned off the lights and decided to tuck myself in bed and fall asleep.

I woke up with the smell of coffee from downstairs. I loved coffee.

My mum was having breakfast and as I entered she smiled widely.

-          Good morning! Have you sleep well?

-          Yes I did. Today I will go and see what’s around if that’s okay- I said while I took a glass and pour the hot brown liquid.

-          Of course! I have to go to the groceries but you have fun! It seems the good weather wont last long so take advantage

She was right. Today there were some grey clouds over the sky and a freeze breeze moved the trees. 

I was already outside with my headphones ready to follow the path across the forest. I started running towards it, not to fast so that I wouldn’t get tired too soon.

Okay, I’m not a very sportive person but I do run...slow…quite often.

I was running to the music of David Gueta, titanium. It somehow made me fell stronger

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cst7K_7jxYo)

The landscape was more beautiful with every step I took.  The grass seemed greener and the trees looked higher. I couldn’t believe this was next to my house. Wow.

But the best part was about to come. About ten minutes later after starting running I stopped suddenly when I say it. Next to me there was a great lake, with clear transparent water. I stopped the music, got near it and got a pebble. I threw to the water hopping it’ll jump, just like in films. It actually didn’t.

-          You should take a plane one.

I was so impressed by the whole atmosphere of the forest that I hadn’t notice there was someone behind me and when he talked I almost fell into the water. Luckily he was near enough to catch me and pull me out of the water before something worst could happen.

-          I’m sorry I have scared you. I saw you coming and stopping and I decided to see who was around. Not a lot of people dare to come over here. - this guy was blonded with green eyes. He seemed nice and fit.  I suddenly processed his words.

-          Dare?

-          Let’s say that people prefer known places, such as the town city center than the dark mysterious forest.

-          People don’t know how to appreciate beautiful places.

He turned to face me and shook my hand.

-          I’m James. Nice to meet you.

-          Charlotte- I replied smiling at him. He must be 18 or 19. Only one or two years older than me.

-          So where have you appeared from? I’ve never seen you over here.

-          I just moved here with my mother. We live in the house that’s near the forest.

His gaze got darker and when he replied his voice was deeper. He avoided my look and focused on the water.

-          That was a nice family living over there. – he kind of obliged himself to looked at me again and smile. That was being an strange moment…- well, I live in that house over there.- he said as he pointed to the end of the lake. There, a house five times bigger than mine stood.  It even had a pier.

-          Wow…-were the only words I could say.

-          Yeah…big…but sometimes it gets a little too empty and lonely…that’s why I spend most of my time here.

He got near the edge of the lake again, got a pebble and threw it. This time, his jumped three times before falling into the water.

-          You’re good at it- I said trying not to feel to embarrassed thinking about how he had see me throwing that rock to the water

-          I told you. Whenever you want I can teach you. – he got near me again.- now I should go back home. I hope to see you again here someday.

-          Sure! I believe I’ll be coming here too much

-          That sounds good to me!

And with that, he turned and started walking home. He would have to walk a long time to reach his palace…

I turned around too and started running back home.

------------------------

hope you've liked it. what do you think of james? dare? please coment!

thanks for waisting your time on reading this! really! love you!!! xxx -@5sweetswift13