Dreamland

Adrian skillfully made me a ham sandwhich, extra cheese, no mustard, just ketchup. He put everything on his, including some very disgusting looking pineapple chuncks. I hated pineapples.

I took my sandwhich from him and then realized I had never told him how I like my sandwhich. I watched him quietly eat his sandwhich on the barstool next to me. How was it possible that he was part of an evil plan? He was so sweet...

"Adrian."

"Yes Mandy?" He looked at me, eyes bright and focused solely on me.

"How did you know how I liked my sandwhich."

He blinked and then stared off to my left a bit. "I....I honestly don't know. It just came to me...." He looked at me finally, frantic. "I promise I didn't stalk you. I really don't know how... I just started making it and it seemed right."

He wasn't even trying to come up with a plausible lie. Does that mean he is telling the truth? I stared at him as he stared at me. He just seemed too innocent to be part of anything evil.

"Do you know a Kevin?"

"Uhm... Well... no. Maybe in like grade school there was a Kevin but I can't really remember his face."

I frowned. Of course it wouldn't be that easy.

"Why, do you know a Kevin?"

"Well... Ya. And he isn't really a good guy.... like at all."

"Oh."

This conversation wasn't going anywhere.

"Can I see your room?"

He looked shocked. "Uhm, ya sure." He hopped up off the bar stool and then held out a hand to help me down.

I looked back at the food we had on our plates still, I suppose a maid would clean them up. Or maybe thats just part of the dream, and once I leave this room it will just fade away.

We exited the room and got a few steps away before I jerked my hand out of Adrians and raced back into the kitchen. The plates were gone. Adrian came in behind me and asked worriedly, "Mandy did I do something?"

"The plates, they're gone." I pointed to where they had just been.

"Ya we have a maid that takes care of that." He tried to explain to me.

"But we litteraly only left for a few seconds, how could the maid have cleaned them that fast."

"I..don't know. I guess I never really thought about it. Maybe we hired a super fast maid?" He tries to laugh but fails miserably and just stares at me as I stare at him. "Mandy did I do something... Ever sense we have gotten to my house.. you just seem really off. Is it because you think we're just too different financally... Because I promise I don't see that as a problem... I really enjoy the time I spend with you and money does not matter whatsoever to me."

"No. No it's nothing you did. I promise. I'm just...working through things."

"Can I help?"

I hesitated. Could he help? Was he part of this or just a pawn? Was he even real? What would happen to him after this dream finally ended. If he ceased to exist then he would never want me to leave. Was it worth the risk? Could I trust him? Could he even trust himself?

I shook my head. "I don't know Adrian."

"No really, I want to help. I would do pracitcally anything for you."

"Would you die for me," I sanpped. I regretted the words as soon as they were out of my mouth. It's just that this was so frustrating. I didn't know what was real or who I could trust.

He flinched but didn't hesitate as he said, "If it came to that, yes, I would die for you to live."