Jump

*Angel*

We followed Jeff. It took an hour, and half of it I spent listening to Kyle complain about how 'these aren't the right shoes to be walking in' And 'my computer equipment is to heavy for this'.

Needless to say, when we finally did arrive, I was regretting my decision of adding Kyle to the group. Also, by arrive... Jeff stopped in the absolute middle of a bridge and said "this is it."

I blinked. "What?"

"Jump."

I laughed hesitantly. "Funny Jeff.... sucide is not the answer."

"Ya." Kyle piped up. "Sucide is a permanent decision for a temporary situation." It sounded rehearesed. Poor kid.

Jeff rolled his eyes. "Whatever." That was weird... Jeff was being very... not Jeff. "Come or not. I don't care. I'm done with these trust issues. I just want Mandy out of that loony bin."

Jeff then proceeded to climb up on to edge of the bridge. Cars started to honk at him, but nobody pulled over. Typical.

"Jeff, sweetie..." I tried. He'd cracked. He'd honestly cracked. I looked over the edge into the river below. It was a death fall. One that even a super human couldn't make.

When I looked up again to talk him down, he stepped off. A scream ripped through the air. It took awhile to realize it was mine. I cut off my scream and peered over the bridges railing, Kyle gripping my arm tightly and muttering to himself.

Jeff stood no more than ten feet below us, standing in thin air.

"Coming?" He gave us a bored irritated look before walking in the direction beneath the bridge.

I looked at Kyle to make sure I wasn't hallucinating but he seemed to be seeing the same thing.

"Well sh-"

"Hey!" I said, nudging him. "You shouldn't be using that language."

He just stared. I would have too honestly.

"Well here goes nothing." I said climbing up onto the railing, dragging Kyle along who was fighting me quite diligently.

Loud shouts and running feet could be heard from behind me so I took a deep breath, and jumped.

Hands shot out to try and grab us but they fell just short. Kyle and I plummeted. And then... we weren't.

I looked up into the quizzical faces of the people on the bridge. Kyle was shuddering beside me.

"They can't see you." Jeff said, a little to my right. "I turned the mirrors back on so all they see is water again. I turned them off so you'd actually see me and hopefully come down." He sighed. "Come on." He waved his hand for us to follow, and there was nothing else for us to do than just that. We walked across thin air, following a super human dog, under a bridge that many people just saw us jump off of.