Mystic Messenger

A/N I apologise for the length of this, I got carried away. The length also means that there will probably be a lot of mistakes so bear with me. This was inspired by the game Mystic Messenger.

Eren didn't realise when he bought the app just what it entailed. How he had found it at all was a mystery. The app name didn't suggest much, simply being: Messenger For SC. He was hoping that stood for Snapchat and finally he had found an app he could use on his terrible phone in place of the world-known app. He was still questioning whether spending so little money was worth sacrificing all his communication but texting but at least he hadn't been stripped of that.

The app downloaded quickly and after filtering through hundreds of menus just to find the damn thing, he clicked on it and waited for it to load up. The first page was what he expected. It opened up, the letters SC in large letters across the small screen, and then, a voice came in. 'Welcome to the Survey Corps chat room. Please enter your ID.' The voice was loud and boisterous but it was clearly a girl speaking. She sounded excited despite being recorded for anyone to hear and this whole thing didn't seem all that great. So far, it didn't seem like it was much to do with Snapchat. But, Eren continued on, more out of curiosity than anything else. Still confused as to the function of the app, he put in his Snapchat username- which he had made on his old, much better phone that he had to sell to pay off some of his loans. He clicked okay and watched as the screen changed, the entire screen fading to white and the name Jaegerbomb appearing on the screen in bold letters. He was almost regretting choosing that name now.

Like before, the woman began to speak again. 'Hi, you! Welcome to the new Survey Corps app...or Recon Corp...or Scouting Legion...or Scouting Regiment. Forget that, the name is unimportant. After the...incident with the last app, I made this much better, improved version! All people who have logged in will go straight into your contacts, you all know each other anyway!' Eren paused for a second, blinking a few times as he set his mind straight. Knew who? The realisation dawned on him that maybe he wasn't supposed to be on this app. Nevertheless, he continued. 'Enjoy!'

With that, the app finally opened, revealing a dark loading screen with a few too many options. Eren, unsure of what to do, just began to click on everything.

Firstly, he clicked on the blank box in the top right corner of his screen. Upon opening, he found it to be his profile. Despite his wariness, he put in his details anyway. It was only fair, it seemed everyone else had. But, then again, they were all supposed to know each other. He put in one of his more modest selfies as well as Eren in the name box, not putting his last name despite it probably being evident by his username which appeared underneath it. He read the small information screen with squinted eyes, hoping the light wasn't going to blind him. Midnight was far too late to be doing this.

SC registration date: 03.08.17 (0 days).

Name: Eren

Username: Jaegerbomb

Contacts: Petra, Mike, Levi, Hanji, Erwin

Despite being short, it gave Eren more information than he had ever intended. His curiosity peaked as he read the names. With that, he went back to the menu and scanned the faces lining the top of the screen. On the far left was an angry looking guy, pale skin and dark hair. The bags under his eyes looked prominent yet Eren couldn't find himself but being attracted to the mysterious character in the corner. Upon clicking, he found that it was Levi. The information wasn't as in depth as his own profile but it gave him a picture, name, background image and a small box to put a message in. Levi's was simple. The picture, of him in a suit, was matched with a black cat on the back of his screen- most likely his- staring at the TV as if it were magic. Eren, despite being more of a dog person, couldn't help but awe at it. The message was what drew him in most, though, reading: why the hell does this exist, you're distracting me from work. Eren wasn't sure whether to take it seriously or not. Levi Ackerman, which was his full name, either had a bitter sense of humour or really was a workaholic. From the look on his face, Eren bet it was the latter.