How it all begins

Mar opens her mouth as she tells the gang her story:

I was an orphan since for as long as I could remember. I was also
born and raised in a prison cell where no one wanted to be my cellmate. No one ever told me about who my mother or father could be or was.The only thing i knew they were murderers. Everyone in the cells called me:killer child, devil's spawn, demon, whatever you could think of.If I had a name, no one would call me by it. It was lonely and miserable until a man came to me and say we need you. I didn't know his name or why he needed me but it was better than being hated.

He came to me,"Mar, would you like to help me so you can leave this accursed cage? "I couldn't believed my ears and the man before me. I move closer to the edge of the cell as the man chuckled. "I'm not evil,child.Just come with me, Mar."

"Who is Mar?"I asked him as I looked at him. "You are. That will now be your name. Not monster, but Mar,"he smiled at me.He gave me a name and a way for me to live better. He treated me like I was human.

Or at least, I thought that at first. It wasn't until after he took me in that I knew his true reason.

I was brought to a dim room where only a chair and a machine above it.There was yellowish greenish gas coming from the floor."What are we doing here,sir?"He pushed me down and strapped me in with a evil grin."You will be my new guinea pig and I will turn you into Mar."

Each day I was shot with a large beam filled with white glowing light. Over and over, they did it again and again. I dont know how long it was before they started again but with the dark purple light.

Once she said dark purple light, they knew what she was referring to. It was Keira who asked and confirmed it for everyone."They put dark eco into your body?"Keira asks as Mar look away from her and nod.

"Just like Jak but more painful, "Daxter point out before Mar continue her story.

The creatures you call Metalheads...They were alive.They did not want me alive. They felt like history would repeat itself.So that's when I heard them say,

"That last one got away but this one will be the ultimate weapon."

I was being into a weapon. Human weapon to help them take over Haven City.

Mar wrap her arms around herself as tears slid down her face.She thought,'Why was it me? There are prisoners here who deserves my pain more than i did. Why hurt me? Why change me?  Mar was supposed to be this great hero of legends so why change this legend to create something evil?'

She look away from them as she continue, I felt my heart clench and head hurt as it sounds loudly in my ear. I screamed out because of it. A guard came by and held a gun to my face,"Experiment #101, control yourself or i will be forced to shoot. "I couldn't answer him as something came over me.

At this moment, a bright light was shining around me. I had one wing was as bright as the eco they injected me with. I slam my hands to the ground as the room moved slower. I started to run for the exit, but it seens like there were more guards around because of the last person that went through it. They aimed their guns towards me and fired.I don't remember how many hit me or how i escaped.

"Once I came to, I was here with you all. So you see...as much as you all helped me... that's how much pain me being here will bring, "she ends her story on that note as Samus spoke.

"That's her story.It sounds like she went through something similar to you, Jak."

"If that's the case, then we have an advantage rather than disadvantage,"Keira points out which causing evrryone to look confused. "Look, Mar is supposed to be the ultimate weapon right? Without her, they can't go through with their plan."

"But what other plans could they have if Mar was the ultimate one? "Jak asks.

"That's a tough question to answer, Jak.For now,  we can't lower our guards yet."

Suddenly, there's an urgent knock at the door. The gang turn to the door while Mar runs and hide behind the counter.

Who's at the door? Why did Mar hide? Did she tell them the truth? Let's find out next time!