Chapter 8 Promise

Toshiro

Misora' white hair shone beautifully in the moonlight as she recited her painful memories. Tears fell down her cheek.

I took some flowers off a tree and put them in her hair, and embraced her once more. Why? I'll never know.

"It's okay, " I said,"I'll protect you from any kind of harm"

" Hitsugaya-taicho, why are you doing this? You don't have to"

"Misora, I'm only doing this because I want to, and I want to see you smile for once" I said, " And I think I l-" I stopped to think about my feelings, and slowly mumbled " love you"

She looked at me in surprise, " What?"

"I said I love you okay!?!" I shouted, my face turning red in embarrassment.

Misora gave a small giggle and smiled.

I looked at her, she was smiling for the first time, " What's so funny?" I said smirking.

"Ahh, I'm sorry is just that you look so cute when you're embarrassed I couldn't help but smile"

" You look really cute when you're smiling, you should do it more often"

" Hey Hitsugaya-taicho?"

" Yeah?"

" Can you do me a favor and stay still?" Misora asked standing up.

" Sure why?"

" Just stay still okay?" She said taking out her Zanpakuto, " Fubuki kara josho, Kori no Tsubasa!!!!"

Her Zanpakuto turned into a light blue fan with a long silk blue ribbon, small light blue wings sprouted from her back.

And that's when I sensed it, the hollow. I reached for Hyourinmaru but then stoped as Misora jumped flew into the air and sliced the air.

The hollow screamed and materialized, along with 9 more hollow.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to move, I watched her alone fighting those hollow.

The hollow surrounded her and attacked all at once, growling as they lept towards their prey.

Misora swung her fan and revealed hidden frosted spikes, and slashed an incoming hollow.

"Shimi no Mai! (Dance of the frost)" Misora shouted as she spun. The spikes shooting out and forming into little birds, flying around her. The ribbon started to sparkle silver, then everything frosted over, killing the hollow.

She looked over at me to see if I was okay, her eyes were an icey light blue instead of emerald green. I looked around, everything was frozen, exept for a 10ft in diameter space which contained me and the tree. She flew over in relief, putting her Zanpakuto away saying, "Great job Kori"

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I answered, "Why did you fight them alone?"

"Well, that's because..." She looked down ready to get a scolding, "If you're going to protect me then it's only natural that I protect you" She said quietly.

"Well, if I need protecting then what's the point of me protecting you?"

"Oh that's right!" She said confused, " But if that's true then what's the point of me being a shinigam-!?"

"It's okay I'm only teasing" I said hugging her again, " And is nice and hard working all I get?"

"You heard that?" She said looking at me.

"Every word" I said hugging her tighter.

"Fine, you're responsible"

I hugged tighter.

She sighed, "And also the best person in the world"

I was satisfied and finally let go, "That's better"

Misora looked at me with innocent eyes and then disappeared, then it felt lighter around my back, I turned around to find Misora waving at me,.. with Hyourinmaru in her hand.

"HEY!!!" I shouted running after her, but then she shunpoed away.