The things You do to me

Hey guys. Ok so.. this might be offensive a little at the beginning but this story is realistic. Just to let you know I am black so don't even go there calling me racist. The beginning is kind of annoying but it gets better. Anyways I hope you enjoy! 

"Colin, Just give it a try" said my manager. 

We've been going back and forth about the same thing over and over again but he doesn't want to budge. 

"This is the 21st century, arranged marriage isn't in style anymore, get with it. I'm not dating Lucinda." I told Frank. 

"I'm not asking you to marry her just date her for a while at least 6 months. Show her off to the media, go on red carpets and take lots of pictures, do the whole couples thing. I mean give me one reason why you wouldn't date her?" He asked. 

I hesitated. "Because she's black..." I mumbled. 

"What?" He asked not sure if he heard me right. 

I sighed. "She's black. Ok. and you already know how hard interracial relationships are, and plus what makes you so sure a black girl would want me" I stated a little louder. 

"Well, first of all she's not judgmental like you are and second because she's already agreed," He said. 

I groaned. "If you already planned it, what's the point of asking me?" I asked. 

He sighed. "You haven't even taken a good look at her yet and you're already striking her out. All you know is she's black and she's famous singer. Get to know her before deciding you don't want to do this."  

"You know what, whatever. It's not like I have a real say in this anyway. Just tell me when we're meeting. I can't even believe you're doing this. You know how black girls are, this is going to ruin me" I rambled. 

"Yes, I do know how black girls are. Other than their appearance they're the same as every other girl out there. I can't believe you're being a total jerk about this. I know you're better than that." He scolded. 

I sighed. "Whatever" 

I wasn't in the mood for his long essay today and he's irritating me. 

I'm a professional actor/singer and the CEO of 3 well paying companies. I worked really hard to get to where I am today and I certainly have no intention of letting my reputation go to waste. I'll entertain this for Frank but he's crazy if he thinks I'm making us official. 

How this deal of dating Lucinda is going to help me beats me. 

"... anyways just make sure you're ready by 6pm tomorrow, I'll have the limo driver come get you." He finished. 

"hmmhm" I mumbled. 

"I'm serious, don't forget. Matter of fact I'll have Sandy come in to make sure you look nice" He said. 

"Sounds nice" I said sounding bored. 

"Alright then, it's settled" He said. 

"Yup! Bye" I said with fake enthusiasm. 

I hung up, grateful he wasn't screeching in my ears anymore. 

I looked at the time on the kitchen counter and saw it was already 11 PM. 

Might as well go to bed, I thought. 

I brushed my teeth and settled in my California King bed. 

I turned on my plasma screen TV and put on a replay of the game. 

Before I knew it I was dozing off. 

***** 

Lucinda: